Chapter 2

"Soooooo." Makeena sang the moment Eli and her were out earshot of Vinny.

"So what?" Eli asked knowing what she was asking about .

"Don't be a dumb ass,Eli.You know what." Makeena said

"Okay okay.Well he said hey and I said hey then he said you can call me Vinny and I said cool then that was it really we didn't exactly talk that much." Eli said sidestepping two students who giggled waved at him. Eli pretended not to notice."Plus we only sat next to each other we didn't go on a date so I don't think we would've had a very engaging conversation.

"You know you would've loved it if you guys did."Makeena mumbled with a small smile.

Eli looked at her and let out a breathy laugh that was more of a sigh.

"You also noticed how he kept looking over at you,right?" Makeena said teasingly.

"Oh my god really?" Eli asked a little too loudly catching the attention of two freshmen.

"Yes.He kept glancing over at you." Makeena explained "Then when you turned around to get your pencil when it fell he just stared at you."

"Why?" Eli asked pleased that he had been watching him.

"I dunno. Maybe he has a crush on you too.It was a blank stare like he was concentrating really hard on staring at you." She guessed fixing her Tote bag on her shoulder.

"I don't have a crush on him.He can have a crush on me. Most people do,but I just don't feel the same way." Eli said for what seemed like the 100th time.

Makeena just sighed in defeat. "Okay."

Eli considered the possible fact that he did have a crush and knew deep down that he did in fact have a more than minimal crush on Vinny.

The bell rang just as Makeena and Eli entered the English room.

"Makeena and Eli.Come here for a second." Mrs.Polaroid said from the front of the room.

Makeena and Eli exchanged looks before going over to her.

"Yes." Makeena and Eli asked in unison

"Well we have a new student and I know you two are good at breaking in new students and making them feel comfortable.Especially you,Eli.So I was wondering if you two could sit over there with him and-you know work your magic." Mrs.Polaroid asked us with pleading eyes.

"We'd love too." Makeena spoke for herself and Eli, clearly up to something and took Eli by the wrist and walked to the very back of the room and Eli and Makeena sat in either side of an uncomfortable Vincent.

Eli took one quick glance at Vincent and knew Makeena had been right about two things; One,Vinny kept glancing over at him and Two, Eli did in fact have a crush on him.

"Okay. We shouldn't have to review anything seeing as though you guys obviously know English. So we're going to start off the school year with a project." Mrs. Polaroid announced and received distressed moans from her class." Not to worry it's not that kind of project. You guys are going to be put into partners of two and you have to ask questions about another and then write a short report on that person in essay form and a personal opinion on that person.There must be a minimum of 13 questions and you must ask each other the same questions.Pick one partner and you have until the end of class to finish it."

Everyone began pairing up with their best friends

"Baby." Eli said reaching his behind Vinny's chair to Makeena.

"Baby." She responded grabbing his hand.

"Eli." A voice said and he looked and saw his English teacher "Can you work on this with Vincent today?"