Chapter 4

"Hey baby." Vinny smiles and plants a kiss on Eli stunned lips before he could move away.

It was the Monday after Vinny and Eli had became a couple and Eli had yet to ask him to keep their relationship a secret in fear of Vinny getting mad at him.

"Um hey Vinny."Eli responded and looking around to make sure no one saw.

He turned back and saw he made Vinny's smile fall from his face and Eli instantly regretted the awkward tone he used."No smile.I love you more when you smile. It's just that I wondering... Maybe we could-"

"Eli!" Dana yelled sliding next to him.

"Um Vin-Dana sorry one second. Sorry" Eli said and turned to Vinny who was yawning,showing off a piercing he had under his tongue. His breather smelt like mint gum and coffee.

"Um I was wondering could we maybe keep our relationship a secret.Not that I want to keep you a secret-" Eli whispered to Vinny who interrupted him

"I understand. It's cool." Vinny smiled and squeezed Eli's hand gently before walking away to homeroom.

"Okay I'm sorry Dana-" Eli said stopping in mid-sentence when he saw Dana's face that was stuck between shock and excitement.

"You're dating him. Don't try to deny it because I heard all of it." Dana said smiling." Aww it's so cute.Why don't you want to keep it private?"She lowered her voice.

"Because-It's hard to explain I'll tell you later.What did you want to ask me?" Eli asked.

"Oh. Did you want to hang out later? Since you ditched us the other day for who we now know as ." She said motioning in the direction Vinny went in as she still didn't know his name

"Oh I'm sorry. Um you can tell Luna and whoever but no one else." Eli said hearing the bell ring signaling for everyone to be in advisory.

" Okay.See ya gay boy." Dana teased and waved a finger at him.

"See ya." Eli said and hurried to his advisory.

The moment he opened his door he took a seat between Vinny and Makeena who were gratefully placed in his advisory. Eli looked at Vinny who was biting his lip and he had a worried look on his face. Eli grabbed hi hand and squeezed it gently.

"You okay" Eli asked quietly making Vincent smile

"Better now that your here." Vinny said a bit sarcastically.

"Come on. What's wrong?" Eli asked feeling several pairs of eyes on him and Vinny and Eli let go of Vinny's hand and put his hands on his lap

"That's my problem." He said nodding towards their hands.

" I'm sorry. I really am. I just have to you know-" Eli started stammering

"What is there to figure out, Eli? You like me and I like you.I don't give a fuck what people think. So why should you? I thought you really liked me." Vinny snapped at him mumbling the last part more to himself than Eli and turned around in his seat so he was facing our advisor, Mr.Lynch, who was talking about a field trip they were taking.

Eli groaned inwardly in frustration and put his head on his desk and folded his arms in front of his head and felt Makeena gently pat him on the back.

"He'll get over it." Makeena whispered in his ear trying to make Eli feel better, but it only made it worse as his mind began to wander.

"What if he doesn't and I just lose Vinny? I don't want that,but I'm just not comfortable coming out yet. Why can't he understand that?" Eli thought getting annoyed with Vinny.