Three

"Miss Fisher, care to explain to the rest of the class what you're disruptive cackles are about?" I snickered at the annoyed look on the Cat lady's face.

Ethan and I were making fun of how she tried to please those who you could tell just by looking at them if they were part of the "in crowd".

"Um, no, I was just saying how its obvious you have a crush on-" Ethan kicked me under the table and I snickered. "Never mind."

"Very well." She hurmumphed and turned back to the class. "At this time you are to break into your groups. You may go anywhere on campus so long as you do not leave it. Take your passes, anyone who is not back ten before, gets an automatic detention. I hope I've made my self clear Miss Fisher."

"What? You think I'm going to leave? Oh believe me, if I was, I would have left already." I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my bag and fell in step beside Ethan. He was pretty funny so I figured I may as well be nice to him, he'd done nothing to irritate me yet.

"Well, my partner and I have been working on a documentary on all the different sports teams at this school and how they work together."

"That's lame."

He shrugged. "Yeah, but it's an easy A. Speaking of, easy-hiy Jamie!"

"Don't." She stuck her nose up and flipped her hair. She was one of the girls I'd classified as Barbie yesterday at lunch. "Lets go so we can get his stupid thing over with. Excuse you." She pushed right passed me as I lifted my hands up, letting her walk by while I tried not to laugh. Ethan rolled his eyes and followed behind her.

"Muck." I heard his irritating voice as he called out his own name for me.

"Mercer." I spat. I still didn't know his name, but he was already my least favorite person.

"I suppose you figured out what our project is on yes?" He looked like I was the last person he wanted to be bothered with. Believe me, I could do without him too.

"Our? Huh, if I'm doing all the work, I see no reason to include your name."

"I'd think twice about that if I were you."

"Or what? What are you gonna do 'Mr. Mercer?" I challenged with a smile.

"Don't, test me muck." He pointed a finger in my face before walking ahead of me.

"Oooo wow, I'm nearly shaking in my boots." My eyes rolled in their sockets.

"Shut it muck."

"Muck. Muck, muck, muck. Is that the only name you've got for me?" I laughed airly. "I figured by the looks of you that you could do so much better, but I guess looks are deceiving."

He turned on me. "How old are you like four?"

"How old are you like forty?" I crossed my arms across my chest. Apparently he thought he was so much better then me.

He threw his hands in the air. "I don't have time for this."

"Time for what?" I taunted.

"Children." He spat.

"Well who's the child here? Is it me? Why I thought it was you, seeming that the only thing your good at is whining."

He walked as if he could care less about me, only irritating me further. "I'm sorry, did someone say something?" He said to a random student in the hallway.

"Oh, yeah, how mature of you."

"You're testing my patience muck."

"Really, am I passing?" I asked dryly.