Eight

Ethan and Maggie both starred dumbfounded at Ryan and I as he sat down with us. It was raining today so we had to sit inside the cafe.

"Well then." Ethan started as his brother sat down across from him.

Ryan rolled his eyes. "Don't get any ideas. We decided that if we could tans each other for an entire day, we'd try to be civil."

"See! What did I tell you!" Maggie clapped her hands together as she perkily bounced up and down. Why she wasn't a cheerleader baffled me.

"Okay, I'll give this one to you."

Ryan and I looked between the two with narrowed eyes. "What are you getting at blockhead?"

Ethan chuckled. "Maggie and I decided to cause an intervention. I can't have my good friend and brother constantly out to get each other's throats."

"So, we gave you two no choice but to get along for a moment." Maggie chirped.

"Wait just a minute. When did this happen?"

"Friday." The said in unison.

Ryan and I were both still confused so Maggie continued. "Oh did you honestly believe I would drink Ryan? You've known me since middle grades."

"I have to admit I was rather surprised you were the one tipsy instead of this one right here." He shoulder bumped me as I smacked him upside the head and he smirked.

"So that entire thing was a setup?!" I narrowed my eyes.

"Yup."

"I'm going to bloody kill you."

"Well, it worked did it not?" Ethan cocked a brow.

"No, it didn't."

"Well, I beg to differ." Ryan put his chin in his palm and looked at me. He took a strand of my hair and tucked it behind my ear. My skin prickled as my mouth went dry before he laughed out loud. I blinked a few times. "I'm kidding, but we're working on it. Leave me alone for trying okay."

Ethan put his hands up. "Hey, as long as we can all stand in the same area and I bomb doesn't go off, I'm swell."

I was still recovering from what he just did to me as they began talking amongst themselves. Why could he make me feel like that? It was so stupid, I wasn't supposed to feel like that, he wasn't supposed to be able to quicken my heart beat. He shouldn't have had a hold on me at all. I was going to kill him if he continued to make me feel this way.

******

"No, I said just leave it alone, it's fine like it is Ryan."

"This is my segment and I can do what I darn well feel like with it."

"Ugh!" I growled. "You're so annoying!"

"Thanks, I was starting to think you'd never figure it out."

I shot him the bird and he took my whole finger. "Let me go you arse."

"Nope, not gonna." He smirked.

"Yes."

"No."

"Why?"

"Because, we're arguing, and if I let you go, you'll continue, and then we'll have to start all over by spending an entire day together again and I can't have that. One hour with you is more then enough, but one day...that's the death of me."

I rolled my eyes as I pushed away from him and picked up his guitar. I could feel his eyes on me as I sat down cross-legged on his floor and began playing the song I'd been practicing. Goofing off a little, I started the first bit.