Seventeen

"So it's Tuesday." I said casually as Ryan stood at the bottom of my stairs. I'd fallen into habit with riding with one of the guys to and from school, usually Ryan.

"Yes, it comes after Monday, but it's just before Wednesday, I think it rings a bell."

"Ryan!" I punched him in the arm playfully. "Come on stop it."

"Stop what?" He said casually as he took my bag from my hand.

I gave him a silly grin and poked him in the side. "It's Tuesday...seventeen years ago on this day someone was born?"

"Yes," he nodded. "And about a million other people."

"Ryan." I glared.

"Alright, alright. Yes I'm aware that today is the date that my mom just so happened to push me out of her good china."

"Ryan!" I made a face as I laughed. "Wonderful image there."

"Oh you're welcome." He smiled smugly.

"So, I know you said not to get you anything-"

"Callie," he sighed. "I said not to, I don't want you spending money on me, breathing is the best gift I could receive." He held my door open for me before walking around to the drivers side.

I laughed. "You didn't let me finish, I didn't buy you anything, what makes you think I want to spend money on you?" I smirked and he scowled. "I made you something."

He cocked a brow, a small curious smirk on his face. "You...made me something? As in...put it together?"

"Yup, so you can't say no." I said as I pulled a small present wrapped in silver paper from my bag. "Happy birthday Ryan Mercer."

He smiled with a sigh as he took it from me, opening it slowly. "What's this?" He smiled as he pulled out a clear CD case with the simple words "Something About Ryan".

I shrugged with a shy smile. "Just something I put together for you. It has some of your favorite songs, and even a few of your own. Well, ok, mainly your own songs." I laughed a little.

"Seriously? Wow that's great, I never thought to put them on a CD, how'd you get this, and my favorite songs?" He laughed a little.

I shrugged. "Okay, I have to admit, Ethan kind of did help with the selection. But the idea was mine." I said truthfully.

He shook his head. "No, it's great. I love it." He leaned over a planted a sweet kiss on my lips. Brushing the hair from my face. "Thank you." He breathed.

"Oh, and there's, one special song on there. I'm not gonna tell you which one though, you'll just have to listen to the whole thing."

He laughed. "Lets listen to it now then."

"No!" I jumped to stop him from putting the disk into the player.

"What's wrong?" He chuckled.

I began to blush. "Just, listen to it when you're on your own, promise?"

He nodded a little with a small shrug. "Okay, promise."

******

"So what exactly are we doing tonight?" Ethan asked as we all sat at lunch.

"We," Ryan stressed. "Are not doing anything, not until Friday anyway. But Callie and I are going somewhere right after school."

"Where?"

"That's for me to know only."

"Callie?" They both looked at me and I shrugged, putting my hands up in defense.