Nineteen

"So Callie," Caroline smiled as she pulled out a chair next to me. I was siting in the library studying for exams, fall holiday was just around the corner.

"Go away." I muttered. I now saw right through her, she was now, like almost every other girl, one of Jamie's minions, all because she was infatuated with my boyfriend.

"What? What did I do?" She innocently questioned me while she batted her lashes.

"Oh don't play dumb, I know what you and Jamie are up to, and let me tell you, it's not going to work." Did I tell you I never beat around the bush? Yeah, and I so wasn't going to start. "Now tootles." I didn't even look up from my studies as I shooed her off.

"Callie, oh please! We're not up to anything." She laughed casually. "And I'd never plot with Jamie, she'll just stab me in the back later."

"Then why casually banter with her hmm? This is about Ryan, I know it is, and let me tell you, I am the last toes you want to step on because I am not one for games." I looked directly at her as she looked at me, noticing full well that I meant what I said. "Now you won't leave, so if you'll excuse me..." I pushed right passed her.

"Okay Callie, I was trying to warn you." She said smugly.

I stopped in my tracks and turned to look her directly in the eyes. "Pardon?" I cocked my head to the side a little and gave her a look to let her know that she was non-threatening to me.

It must have worked because she switched her stance. Geez people, I couldn't be that scary could I?! "You're only going to end up getting your heart broken." She lifted her chin up. "Don't say I didn't try to warn you...friend." She giggled happily as she clicked away on her dainty little heels.

I left out clutching and balling my fist. Ugh I couldn't let them get to me. But they were so bloody annoying and childish. I was stalking towards my locker when I ran into Ryan. He was just coming from rugby practice.

"Hey you. Don't you just look like a ray of sunshine this afternoon."

I scowled as he wrapped an arm around my waist. "Being with you is giving me lots of unwanted attention."

He laughed. "As if people weren't interested in you before we got together."

My eyes narrowed. "I was talking about Caroline and Jamie, what are you talking about?"

He cleared his throat, doing his best to smother a laugh. "Nothing babe."

"Ryan!" I punched him in the chest.

"Ow!" He rubbed it in small circles, still chuckling. "Geez, how are you so bloody strong yet so little?"

"Don't change the subject." I folded my arms. "What did you mean by that?"

He shrugged casually as he watched me swap out my things from my locker. "People, guys in general, noticed you soon after you got here. You were the new girl, so of course guys were talking about you. It annoyed the crap out of me because I couldn't stand you at the time," he rolled his eyes with a smile. "But, short girls are in, and they thought you were a hottie." He winked. "So it was only time before you became mine."

I rolled my eyes with a small smile at this new found information. This couldn't be true could it, there was no way guys found me hot. I mean there was that guy from the party and club, he came on pretty strong. But there were at least two hundred kids in our class, more then half of them being male.

"Whatever, yeah right."

He shrugged. "Fine. Don't believe me. But you know what tomorrow is right?"