Chapter 8

"What the hell!" I scream as I cover my eyes.

"Oh um, hey Riley," Cameron says awkwardly, "it's not what it looks like." He adds, more seriously.

"Don't even say that Cameron, I just walked in on my brother and my best friend making out!" I shout

"Look I'm so-"

Emily cuts him off "what's going on?" She asks

"Cameron and Kayla were just making out in my kitchen!" I say

"Are you serious?" She shouts

"Guys look, it was just one kiss!" Kayla says.

"No it wasn't," Matthew says from behind me. I guess he saw this whole thing. "I've walked in on them before, they told me not to tell you," He says. I look at him with my mouth open. How many other people knew! "But they told me they'd end it!" He defends. I turn my attention back to Cameron.

"Would you like to explain?" I say

"Well, um, about three months ago-" I cut him off

"Three months!" I shout

"Just let me finish." He says calmly. "So about three months ago we decided we liked each other and we um, started dating. We didn't want to tell anyone because we knew you would act like this! I swear that we broke up after Matthew caught us kissing but we kinda got back together like a week later. Oh and we also broke up like last week cause Kayla didn't want to sneak around so I said why don't we just tell everyone but she said no. But I really like Kayla and I really want you to be happy for me." He says, taking Kayla's hand in his. She smiles up at him and that's when I see it. They really like eachother.

"Well, um, just don't sneak around next time, okay?" I say quietly.

"Wait, what?" Cameron says, looking at me with a confused look.

"You heard me." I say before leaving the kitchen.

I sit on the couch and Emily and Matt join me.

"Are you serious?" Kayla asks me as she sits down beside me,

"yeah, just don't bring it up again tonight. Please?" I say

"Okay." She smiles widely before going back to the kitchen.

----

"Hey, we should play spin the bottle!" Michael shouts.

We're all hanging out in my room.

"No," I mumble

"Come on it will be fun," Calum whispers in my ear

"Fine, but no girl on girl and if you're in a relationship then you have to ask." I say

"Good job non of us are in a relationship," Nash smiles

Cameron coughs, "um, actually some of us are," He says, gesturing between Kayla and himself.

"Are you serious?" Nash asks with a sad look on his face

"Um, yeah." Cameron says before ignoring Nash's further questions.

"Okay, I'll go get a bottle." Michael says.

He comes back up stairs with a ketchup bottle. "You guys have no bottles," he says.

Michael spins the bottle first and it lands on Emily. She happily leans over to kiss him. She spins the bottle next and it lands on Matthew. He tries to hide his smile but I know he's freaking out inside. He leans over and kisses her. She smiles into the kiss and they pull away.