Chapter 7: You Open My Eyes.

A/N Sorry for the lack of update guys! I have been busy! But here it is now! So also on a side note! I would like of you to think of this Doctor as 1 before he gets old and goes travelling with his granddaughter okay? That is how I figured I would play it!

                                                                                                                                        Jo

Doctor’s POV       

     I sat in the backyard at one of the many tables set up for Electra’s cousins engagement party, Electra had been drug off earlier to get her bridesmaid dress fitted and I hadn’t seen her since. I was sitting with Silen, who looked incredibly bored, but he always looked bored.

    “I told you not to fall for her.” Silen finally said and I turned to look at him. “I didn’t fall for her.” “Yes you did, you just don’t know it yet.”

    “Look old friend, I don’t know where you come off thinking I am this emotionally immature man who falls for the first pretty vibrant young woman he meets after his wife dies… but if you truly think that then we know less about each other than I thought.” I said and Silen gave me a shocked look.

   “I am sorry friend, I never meant to offend you, only to protect you.” “I understand Silen, but I don’t need protecting.” I said as Electra finally appeared in the backyard next to her cousin and a man I assumed was her cousin’s fiancé.

    She was beautiful, she was in a dress that was cut above the knee with a peach colored skirt and white top. Her cousin was still bouncing and fidgeting on her fiancé’s arm as Electra walked cooly and proudly beside her.

   She spotted us and made her way over to our table, as she reached us me and Silen both stood as Silen pulled out a chair for her, it must be some kind of Earth custom I have yet to learn.

    “You look lovely Electra, doesn’t she Doctor?” Silen asked and I did my best not to blush. “Thank you Silen.” Electra said with a smile and Silen gave a slight nod of his head. We sat there in silence for a few minutes as music played and people danced and mingled. We all looked like the odd ones out.

    I was just about to ask Electra to dance when Amanda came up to us, her quiet fiancé in tow. “Here he is Lee!” She exclaimed happily as Kyle pulled out her chair for her and she plopped down. Kyle gave us all a small wave and smile before sitting down next to Amanda.

    “Hi Kyle, it’s nice to see you again.” Electra said and Kyle smiled. “You too Lee.” He said and I was honestly quite surprised the man could speak. “So Kyle, the big day is pretty soon huh?” Silen said and Kyle nodded. “Are you excited?” I asked joining the mission to try and get Kyle to speak.

    “Yes.” Was Kyle’s only response. “You’ll have to excuse these two, they don’t know when to shut up.” Electra said suddenly and Amanda laughed. “Sounds like you Lee.” Amanda said still giggling. “No more like you Amanda.” Was Electra’s only reply and this made Kyle smile.

     “Electra would you like to dance?” Silen asked and I kicked him under the table. “Yes Silen I would love to.” Was Electra’s reply as Silen stood and took Electra’s hand, he shot me a wink as he led her out onto the dance floor and I knew he was expecting me to make some sort of move.

    But I didn’t like Electra, not like that right? I barely knew the girl…. Do you really have to know someone to fall in love? I mentally slapped myself and sat there fidgeting in my chair. I watched Silen and Electra dance as I sat at the table all alone.