Graduation (Chapter 2)

I WANNA STAY UP ALL NIGHT AND JUMP AROUND UNTIL WE SEE THE SUN

I WANNA STAY UP ALL NIGHT AND FIND A GIRL AND TELL HER SHE'S THE ONE!!!

That blasts through my alarm an I yell some mean things to it, but I quickly apologize, (yes, I just apologized to an alarm clock.) I squint at the clock, 6:00. Graduation was this afternoon, 5:00 PM. I moan and get my butt out of bed. I stretch and pull out red skinny jeans and a Rolling Stones tank. I slip on some white converse and let my for now, straight caramel hair hang down. I glance again at my clock, 6:57, I grab a granola bar and a soda bottle and unlock the door. I walk fast so I don't nearly miss the bus like last time. I stop and plug in my earbuds and press Shuffle, it begins on Come an Get it. So I'm pretty much dancing down the sidewalk scream- singing that song. I stop at the bus stop in front of Rebecca.

"I can't believe it." She whispers. I wipe a tear from her face and she looks up at me. "Car, I'm going to Texas. What about you?" My eyes widen, really, I won't be alone with some boy who could be a murderer!

"Me too!" I sream and we hug each other, we jump up and down and squeal.

"But I'm in a dorm, you too right?" She asks me.

"Fuck no! Much worse, with some boy my dad is friends with his father." I explain letting my hair fall in my face.

"Aww, baby come here." Rebecca whispers, pulling me into a hug. I moan and let go as the bus gets here. I step on and plop in the seat. Rebecca sits next to me. I hand her a earbud as 'When I Was Your Man" begins playing. We begin singing out loud and bursting into giggles, we act like such Kindergarteners sometimes.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I check the clock, 3:37, I have a hour and thirty minutes. I rush up to my room for a shower, and after that I blow dry my hair and curl it. I pick out a teal blue strapless dress just above the knee and black heels. I pick out a necklace my mother gave to me, and dangly glittery hoop earrings, I click them on and change my phine case again. It has blue sparkles on the back and the words "Live, Laugh, Love." In the middle. I slip it in my purse and look at the clock. We had to be there at 5, and it was 4:30. I start up the engine in my car and drive to my graduation.

~.~.~.~.~.

They hand me a red gown and cap as I get there. I slip into it and run into Brandon.

"I'm scared Brandie." I whine to him. He hugs me and whispers reassuring things.

"It's okay, everythings going to be okay, you'll be fine." He whispers and I cry.

"Where are you going for college Brandon?" I ask, looking up at him, he rubs his finger over my eye, and I look at him. He hugs me again and whispers.

"I'm not going to college, Car." He says. I tear up again.

"I'll miss you, I'll be all the way in Texas." I say.

"Well, we have a graduation to attend." He smiles and holds out his arm for me to take, I grab it and get behind him in alphabetical order. We walk in and hear cheering I take a seat next to him and lay my head on his shoulder. We act like such a couple sometimes. I will miss him so much.

The ceremony gets by fast and soon it is time for me to speak.

"Now time for Carter Rae to speak." The principal gestures me to come up and I do. I take out my notecards, sigh and begin.

"We have had a great life, us graduates, we were born without electronics, so we got out more, we did more sports and there was so much to do, even with just a stick. As we grew, so id inventions, until one day the laptop was created, I remember when I got my first laptop, and I never ever got off it. Then Instagram and Twitter, what I'm saying is, we weren't little kids anymore, we thought we grew out of imagining, but we haven't, we still have hopes, from being a singer, or a artist, or even a hobo, whatever you want. We don't see it, but most girls do imagine marrying, One Direction, Justin Bieber, whoever. And we all dream to accomplish things, and this is the first step, we are graduating from highschool, this is a big dream if you ask me." I smile and finish, and get a round of applause.

The names went by fast, and soon we were drivng to the mall on Friday. This meant I was leaving in three days. I walk around with the girls and we buy tons of things. I feel like I'm a goddess once I'm done. I get home with the girls and we all look at each other and burst into tears.

"I'll Skype you all." I say as they all walk to their cars. They nod and drive off. I walk in and close the door behind me. I walk up to my room and sigh, I grew up in here, and I was about to leave it. Since it was late, I climb into warm pjs and get in bed.

"Tommorow is Saturday," I thought, "I'll be gone in two days. No more Florida in two days."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

SUNDAY NIGHT

The plane leaves at 6:30. I glance at the clock, it might as well be Monday morning, it was 3 AM and I was wondering what it was going to be like in Texas. What was it going to be like? Would who I'd be staying with be nice? I think repeatedly until around 4:30. I get up and step in the shower. I stand there in the running water, and fall down to my knees in the shower and curl up. I'll miss  everybody. I won't know anybody, I'll be living with a complete stranger! I thought being rich meant getting everything you want. At 5, I step out and straighten my hair, I mean, I hated curls sometimes, I look cute in them, but I like straight better. I slide into black skinny jeans, a white and blue striped oversized sweater, and black converse, I load my bags into the car and look at my empty room. I walk out and get downstairs and rest my head on the table. I hear a knock at the front oor and go to unlock it. Brandon stands there smiling. I wipe my face and look at him. I run up to him an hug him tight.

"I'll be back Bran, I promise." I whisper to him. He just nods and continues to hold onto me. I let go and realize that I need to go.

"Don't forget me, Skype me okay?" Whispers the tall blonde infront of me, I nod and he watches me as I walk to my car and drive away, then I realize, I never told mom and dad goodbye.

I walk in the airport and slip in my earbuds. Ready or Not plays and I whisper along to it. I hear the lady call for my flight and I stand up. I turn back around, take out my phone and take a picture. This is something to remember when I'm thousands of miles away from my friends and family.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

9:07, it is 9:07 when I get off the boring plane. I get into the airport, and look for the boy holding up the sign "Carter Rae" on it. I walk constantly around, when I see a crowd of girls around someone, I want to check it out and then I see the sign sticking up, in the crowd, is JC Caylen.