chapter 8

sorry for the long wait school was trying to kill me with homework. but now summer is here and i can finaly write in peace!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8

As they walked down a street to get to Kurenai’s apartment, Natsumi noticed how sunny the day was and breathed it in. Before coming to Konoha this was not a usual thing for her. When she opened her eyes again she saw a huge floating eye made of sand staring at her. The eye was hidden behind a few buildings. Her attention quickly changed as she sensed someone coming towards them. And in deed a blond girl was coming towards them with a vase of full of red roses and was being followed by to guys.

“Good morning Kurenai. These are for you,” she said and handed Kurenai the vase with the roses. Kurenai smiled but she looked right through them. “Is there something wrong?” Natsumi asked not understanding why she had that look. “Asuma used to bring me these every time he could.” Kurenai smiled at the happy memory. Natsumi nodded in understanding. The tree ninjas were now staring at her, but she said nothing.

“Guys this is Natsumi. She will be keeping an eye on you so every now and then check in with her. This was Tsunade’s orders.”

The tree nodded and the blond girl stepped closer to Natsumi, “I’m Yamanaka Ino, this is Nara Shikamaru and Akimichi Choji.” Natsumi nodded and then looked at Kurenai. “Shikamaru, would you accompany us to my place? We have something to discus with you.”

Shikamaru’s eyes quickly darted to Natsumi and then back at Kurenai before nodding, “Sure.”

****************

Once at Kurenai’s apartment Natsumi checked everything before sitting down in the couch next to Kurenai. Shikamaru sat in front of them trying to figure out what they were going to say.

“This may be a shock to you,” Natsumi said, “but I’m Naruto’s fraternal twin.”

Shikamaru wouldn’t normally believe that but judging from her face he knew that this was serious.

“I’m not going into detail since it’s not exactly safe here but I can see ghosts who died recently and I saw Asuma. He made me promise to keep an eye on his team and on his son. I don’t know if I can keep that promise so if anything happens here is a copy of my special key that opens to my real house far away from here. It can be used in any door. Once inside there is a circular dial next to my door that has 5 different colors.  The only colors you can use are white and green. White is my special place to escape reality and green is this world. If you hear any knocking from other colors do not open or your live will be at greater risk.”

“Why can’t you keep your promise?” Shikamaru asked, trying to digest all of the given information.

“Because I am destined to walk in another path, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t do everything in my power to protect you guys. This key is your protection if anything happens.”

“And how do you know that something is going to happen?”

“I don’t but it’s better to be prepared that mourning a loss of a loved one.”

**********

After their conversation Natsumi was walking home, but before she reached her apartment an ANBU stopped her and gave her a scroll. “The Hokage wants to see you tomorrow at 6 am to brief you about your mission. This scroll is a list of all the weapons you will need. The two other members will be waiting at the main entrance at 8:30 am.”

Once at her apartment door she used her key. But before she opened her door the red head Kazekage was behind her.

“How do you know about Shukaku?”

“It’s very impolite to ask such a personal question to a complete stranger.”

Natsumi was surrounded by sand but this time it was holding her prisoner. “How?”

“Come inside and I will tell you. It’s not safe here; the walls have ears.”

Her door opened and there stood a 12 year old boy. Once the scene in front of him registered in his mind he started to yell at the Kazekage to let his mom go.

“Hikaru stop! Please go to your room.”

“But…”

“Now please!”

The boy with teary eyes looked once more at the man with red hair before running up the stairs and slamming his door. Natsumi started walking to the lounge and sat in her favorite chair while the Kazekage sat on the couch. “Before we start could you let me go?” The sand returned to his gourd.

“Start talking”

“I am a jinchuriki and I have the most powerfull of all, the jubi. I am the ‘mother’ of the rest of the tailed beasts. Earlier when I touched the sand Shukaku woke and told me tell you what he never could say.”

The Kazekage had an unreadable expression. Suddenly he got up and left. Leaving a confused Natsumi behind.