Chapter 10

Naomi's P.O.V
"What's new?". I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"A murder". My mum said quietly as she read the newspaper.

"What?". I said grabbing some orange juice.
"It was apparently a animal attack". She said furrowing her eyebrows.

"We know that's not true...". I said lightening the mood.

"It was a vampire attack". She said as she slammed the newspaper down on the counter.

"How are you so sure?". I said turning to her.

"Nims I work in the police department as a private investigator...I saw the damn body". She said pressuring my shoulder.

"Evidence?". I asked.

"There were gashes on the neck, ones that matched with vampire fangs...a very hungry vampire". She said tapping her fingers on the marble counters.

"Okay maybe it was a vampire but I thought we were the only two vampires in town". I said confused.

"Maybe not...". She sighed,"are you okay nims you look awfully pale and tired".

"I'm fine I didn't wake up once". I said smiling at her worried face.

"That's good but I've noticed none of the blood bags have been touched, are you not feeding?". She said with a concerned look.

"Guess I'm not craving that much guess my wolf side is more dominant". I said before walking away.

2 hours later
My phone began ringing, I walked to it and realised it was Tyler.

"Hey". I said casually.

"Hey are you okay?". He said, his tone was less cheerful and he sounded down.

"Yeh I'm fine how about you?". I asked.

"I'm brilliant, I was wondering if you wanted to come bowling I'm going to ask the others aswell". He said with a little hope in his voice.

"That's sounds good I'll meet you at the bowling alley in an hour". I said before ending the call.

At the bowling Alley
I walked towards Caleb, Tyler, Nick, Stacey and Delilah.

"Hey guys". I boomed in vanishing the silence that lingered around.

"Naomi, it's good to see you". Caleb said smiling.

"Your a bit late don't you think". Stacey said perching on to Nick's lap. I could hear Delilah's heart beat raise uncomfortably.

"A queen is never late, the guests are just early". Tyler said handing me a pair of bowling shoes.

"Thanks but I'm no queen". I said winking.

"Your my queen". I heard Caleb whisper thankfully nobody else heard.

I sat down after I had taken my shot, right next to Tyler.

"Hey wolf boy". I said, he was acting a bit too weird for my liking.

"Hey...". His voice echoed.

"Oh you've got a...bruise on your neck". I said, I was pretty sure it was a hicky.

"Oh yeh I got hurt...that's what it is". He said nervously.

I reached my hand to the side of his neck and delicately traced my fingers on his bruise. A light suddenly flashed before my eyes. I was having some kind of vision or maybe flashback. It was me and Tyler, Then I'm back home, out again, blood, dead. I screamed to the top of my lungs.

"Nims what's wrong?!". Delilah shouted as the others crowded over my shaken body.

"I-I..killed him", I bursted out crying," I promise I didn't want to, I couldn't control myself!". I shouted

"Nims don't worry it wasn't your fault". Caleb said sitting next to me.

"Nims do you remember anything else?". Tyler said laying his hand on my back.

Again, the light flashed again this time with a intimate aura, it was me and Tyler. It was me but I wasn't acting like myself, I didn't remember doing any of it. I felt a shot guilt run through my spine as I realised what I had made Tyler feel.

"I don't remember anything else". I lied not wanting anyone else beside Tyler and I to know.

"Nims you really need to start controlling you blood lust". Caleb said giving me a helping hand to stand up.

"How she going to do that?". Nick said I realised he had left his grip on Stacey.

"By making my wolf side more dominant". I said looking at everyone.

"Your going to turn on every full moon...". Delilah said hovering her arm on my shoulder.

"I am part wolf and I know my father would think this is the right decision , I don't want to cause anymore harm. I'm too strong for my own liking and to control it I need all of you guys to help you". I said before falling into everyone's open hands even Stacey's.