III ~ The Change

31st October, 10:10AM

Percy was the first to notice the change. He stood up, climbing off Leo who sighed in relief, then stared down the hill at the Big House.

The house was at least four stories tall and seemed to be the main building in Camp Half-Blood. It stood tall on a small hill, but the reason why it seemed different was because instead of the sky blue paint coating its walls, there was a midnight-black.

"What happened to the Big House?" Percy asked.

"Oh, my gods." Annabeth gasped.

"It happened overnight." Jason explained, as Leo and Piper got off him. He sat up, cleaning his glasses on the front of his shirt. "Someone painted it black. Chiron wasn't mad, but he threatened that if he ever found out who did it, they would be repainting. So far, no one has stepped forwards."

"And this morning there was an invitation on the steps of all the cabins." Calypso added. "It said that the Big House was now the 'Haunted House' and that everyone would be invited to a spooky party tonight, hosted by Travis and Connor Stoll."

Piper groaned. "I bet they did it."

"Basically everyone thinks that." Leo grinned. "Good on them! If only I was in on the prank..."

"But Katie Gardner also looked suspicious this morning." Jason said. "She could've been in on the whole idea. Or she could've caught them doing it, but since she likes Travis so much-"

"Don't tease her!" Annabeth scolded.

"She actually likes him?" Percy asked, looking weirded out.

"She told me at Camp after the Giant War." Annabeth explained. "But back then she was too shy to tell him. Do not tell her I told you, though."

"Oh, don't worry." Leo smirked, sharing a wink with Percy. "We totally won't use it for blackmail."

Annabeth face-palmed. "Don't ruin their relationship! It would spoil their love!"

"Does Travis like her back?" Jason asked.

"Well, I'm not-"

"He does." Leo stated seriously. "Travis told Connor, who told Nyssa, who told Will, who told Nico, who told Hazel and Frank, who told me."

"I sense Aphrodite is working her love already." Piper smirked.

"How?"

"Down there." Piper pointed to the lake where Katie was storming up to the Stoll brothers while they were painting the canoes black. Travis backed up a bit as she started yelling and using wild hand gestures to make her point clear.

"Yup, definitely love at first sight." Percy said.