VII ~ Victims

31st October, 7:15PM:

"Katie!" Travis cried, as Katie fell through the door and into the massive hole.

"Help!" Katie cried, and Travis lunged for her, but ended up falling down as well.

"What do we do?" Connor panicked.

"Jump down!" Percy said, and swung himself over.

"Percy, you idiot, no!" Annabeth cried, grabbing Percy's hand and falling with him.

Connor felt sweat drip down his brow. He glanced back at the broken door, then the hole. "Aw, stuff it." Connor muttered, then leaped down.

The hole was deeper than he had originally thought. It was a massive chute that went straight down into pitch black. Connor kept falling until light suddenly flared to life. Below him, he saw a massive cushion, but no one else.

SLAM!

He hit the cushion and a jolt ran through his body. Panting, he realised that he was in a long corridor. The walls were a faded yellow, while the ceiling and floor were white.

Connor looked up, but the hole where he'd fallen from had closed up. His breath hitched. This was not good.

But where were the others? Surely Travis, Percy, Annabeth and Katie would be down here somewhere, but where?

Suddenly, a figure ran into view. It was Travis, but something was wrong. "Connor!" Travis screamed. "Get out!This place is haunted!"

"How?" Connor asked, as his brother slowed down beside him.

"I can't find Katie or Percy and Annabeth!" Travis cried. Connor could see the panic and worry in his eyes.

"Calm down, they're probably just-"

Suddenly, there was an ear-piercing scream. And it sounded familiar.

"Katie!" Travis yelled, and down in the direction the scream had come from.
Connor watched Travis run as if his life depended on it. And then he watched as his brother was suddenly swarmed by hundreds of live bats.

"Travis!" Connor shouted, racing to help him. But when he arrived where the bats were, Travis was gone.

Unknown POV:

I looked at my partner in crime. He held up three fingers, then frowned, and added two more.

"Our first victims," I smirked, smoothing my dress out. "Have fallen right into our trap. But can they get back out again?"

"Only the gods will decide." My accomplice agreed, pushing his hair out of his face. "And when they do, it won't be pretty."