V ~ The Party

31st October, 6:00PM:

Katie Gardner regretted borrowing the dress from the Aphrodite Cabin. It wasn't her style, no matter which way she looked at it, the lime green just didn't go with her eyes. Katie had tried to dress it down with a white jersey, but it didn't do anything to compliment it.

For the party, Katie was going as Tiana from the Disney movie: The Princess and The Frog, but it wasn't working out for her. The dress really wasn't like her, and even worse, it was a ballgown.

Katie sighed sadly, pulling on the shoes that she had decided to wear, boots. She could still run and kick in them, and also look fashionable doing it, even though now she was sounding like an Aphrodite girl. But the dress would just have to do.

When Katie got to the party, it was in full swing. Travis and Connor were standing at the door, waiting for the guests to arrive. The boys were wearing identical suits, as if they were only dressing up for a party and not a Halloween Haunted House Party.

"Greetings, Miss Gardner." Travis bowed, grabbing Katie's hand and kissing it. Katie had to resist a blush. Okay, fine, she would admit it. Her feelings for Travis weren't just as friends, it was more than that.

As Travis rose, Katie curtsied. "Thank you, Mr Stoll."

"My pleasure." Travis grinned cheekily.

Katie went into the Big House. Some of the doors in corridors had big 'X's marked on them, and Katie knew from the invite that these were out-of-bounds. A few of the larger rooms had been transformed into sitting lounges, game rooms, and dance rooms.

Katie went into a game room and found Percy and Annabeth playing chess. Percy had dressed up as what looked like a vampire, while Annabeth was a witch.

"No, Percy, you can't move your rook diagonally." Annabeth scolded.

"But you can move your bishop diagonally." Percy argued.

"Yes, but you can't move a bishop horizontally." Katie smiled to herself. Percy and Annabeth's arguments were really cute - the couple were perfect for each other.

Across the other side of the game room, Piper, Jason and Leo were at the large pool table having a game.

Piper was dressed up as Merida from Brave, while Jason was a Pilot. Leo had decided on Rapunzel. Katie almost laughed when she saw him with makeup on and wearing a long-haired wig. He looked stupid - especially since the purple dress had burn marks along the sleeves.

Katie moved onto a dance room. Music was being played by the Apollo cabin, and plenty of campers were dancing along. Someone came and stood beside Katie. They watched the campers, not looking at each other until the song finished and a slow one came on.

"Miss Katie," the person beside her said and Katie jumped.

It was Travis.