XI ~ She's Dead?

31st October, 7:46PM:

Percy appeared in another corridor. How many corridors and rooms did this place have? He wasn't sure, but the amount was certainly impressive, or it could just be just an illusion.

Taking a deep breath, Percy started down the hallway, but then stopped. Something felt wrong. Percy stuck his foot out, wanting to take a step, but the floor opened up and fire roared out, almost turning Percy into a roasted-Percy.

And then the hole closed up. But across the remainder of the room, traps materialised. The floor opened up in different places, fire spewed out of the walls, hammers swung out. It was mayhem.

Percy looked behind him to check to see if he could go back, but behind him, traps had appeared as well. "This is insane." Percy muttered, then ran into action.

He jumped across pits, dodged underneath flames and managed to survive at least ten seconds without getting hit by a hammer. The hammer came at Percy, and he tried to dodge away but it whacked him in the arm.

"Ow!" Percy cried, wobbled on his feet, then fell splat onto the floor which opened up to reveal another pit. He screamed.

And then suddenly, he was in another place.

Percy stopped screaming. He saw Travis, Connor and Katie cheering on a figure on a gigantic screen, and the gods watching intently.

"Welcome, Perseus." Zeus boomed. "It seems that you have died in The House. Unfortunately, this means that you are out of the game, but you're still alive."

"What was that place?" Percy shuddered.

"We don't know." Katie said, glancing away from the TV to looked at Percy. "But we think it's a prank. Annabeth is the last one standing."

Percy looked at the screen. Annabeth was on it, fighting a dracaena. And she was losing badly.

"Let me go help her." Percy said to Zeus.

"I'm sorry, boy, but you cannot help her once you have died."

"Please." Percy pleaded. "Let me go save her. She's dying!"

"Once she dies she'll be teleported back here." Athena explained, giving Percy a cold stare. Percy looked back at the TV just in time to see Annabeth get stabbed.

"Ohh!" Everyone cried in sympathy. Then there was silence. Annabeth slid down the wall, and lay there unmoving. But there was no change in the setting, and Annabeth didn't appear on Olympus.

Hades looked at Zeus, eyes full of fear. "It was real."

"No," Percy muttered, backing out of the room. "She's dead?"

The look on Hades' face was enough to make Percy run from the room. His girlfriend, Annabeth Chase, was no longer alive. The House had taken her.