VI ~ The Hole

31st October, 7:00PM

Beside Katie, Travis smirked at her.

"Yes?" She snapped.

Travis offered her his arm. "May I have this dance?"

Katie tried to hide her smile and blush. "Yes, you may."

Other couples were dancing around them. Katie and Travis swayed to the music, only staring into each other's eyes. They danced around the room, only really paying attention to the music.

When the song ended, Katie smiled at Travis. "Thank you for this dance." She curtsied, then went to walk away but Travis caught her arm.

"Wait," He said, pulling her back so that she was in his arms. "Doesn't a guy get to kiss a pretty girl after a romantic dance?"

Katie felt herself blush for the third time that night. She kissed Travis' cheek. "Is that better?"

Travis looked shocked. He pointed to his mouth and Katie laughed. "If you want a kiss, then you need to catch me!" She pushed him away and dashed off through the crowd, Travis following her intently.

Katie lost Travis by ducking down into the game room with Leo, Piper, Jason, Percy and Annabeth.

"What're you running from?" Percy asked.

"Travis." Katie breathed.

Piper and Jason shared a knowing glance. "What did he want?" Piper finally said.

"A kiss." Katie replied.

"Wow..." Leo said, grinning while Percy snorted.

"Well, you better hide quickly." Annabeth warned. "If I'm not mistaken, he's walking down the corridor right now."

Katie lunged for the pool table and hid underneath it just as the door opened.
"Percy, Annabeth, Connor and I need to speak to you." Travis said and Katie breathed a sigh of relief.

"Sure, what about?" Percy asked, standing up along with Annabeth.

"It's about ... the house."

As Percy and Annabeth left the room, Katie got out from under the pool table and followed them.

"Where are you going?" Piper asked.
"To find Miranda." Katie answered. But instead of going to lounge room she saw Miranda in, Katie followed Percy, Annabeth and Travis to a room marked with an 'X'. She waited outside the door, an ear pressed to it.

"-this hole here was made by someone recently. We're not sure who made it, but it drops a long way down." Connor was saying.

"Have you told Chiron yet?" Annabeth asked.

"No, but you two are basically the unofficial camp leaders, so we thought we would tell you first." Travis replied.

"Fascinating." Annabeth muttered. Katie got the idea that she was examining the hole. "And it wasn't there before?"

"No, but another strange thing is this: you see how it aligns up with the window? The moonlight directly shines into the hole, but before when we were setting up, we checked all the rooms and this one didn't have a hole, and the moon wasn't even up yet." Connor added.

"That is really weird." Percy said. "Who would make a hole that would only appear when the moonlight hit it?"

"We don't know." Travis said.

Suddenly, the door that Katie was leaning on fell into the room. It crashed to the floor, throwing Katie off ...

... and into a massive hole in the floor.