Chapter Ten

"So he just left you?" Liam asked, slapping down on the button. I had my fist balled as I smashed the red and white buttons on the Street Fighter gaming console. Liam honestly sucked arse as my Chun Li kicked the fire out of Ryu.

"Yeah, a business trip apparently. I knew he was acting a bit off, I just wondered why." I said, my tongue poking out of my mouth as I concentrated extremely hard.

I looked at him, trying to study and memorize his face, the smile that brought crinkle to his eyes. I reached out and traced his unshaven face, making him freeze from the sudden contact. I traced over his skin,making him tremble slightly which brought a huge smile on my face. My touch had that big of an effect on him.

He smiled fondly at me, putting his arm around me and pulling me in closer. I grinned because he was grinning. It maybe sounded strange to others but it was our truth. He made me happy. I'm sure it had lots to do with the fact that he was just so sweet to me. No matter what he treated me like I was the most precious thing in the world. I loved that feeling. So much that I leaned in closer to his anticipating face and pressed down on the button. My character did her finishing move and pummeled his. He opened his eyes in amazement before frowning.

"Cheat!" He said. I stuck out my tongue and he picked me up, tossing me over his shoulder. I screamed like a kid as he took me away to the one area I dreaded. Laser tag.

"You wouldn't dare." I whispered.

"Payback." He whispered.

"I will scream." I replied.

"Don't, I'll protect you."

"You'll be shooting at me."

"Shooting you with arrows of love." He told me.

"I'll take you down then cupid." I told him.

The guy outfitted us with our gear, handing me the gun. I watched as they handed the Liam his gun and he got outfitted with the vest. I must admit I never thought cupid would look so good. Hell I'd probably let him shoot me with the stupid gun if that meant I could have a chance to see him all in action.

"Nialler, run." He whispered. I jumped and ran inside the hazy maze, the fog running up to my waist. There was blue neon lights going through the place which made me groan because that just made everything more trickier. I found a huge block and probably broke all the rules by climbing on top of it.

I seriously was very skittish when it came to stuff like this. I wasn't sure when to come out of hiding to shoot. I just stayed in my little sniper position, looking down for the people to shoot. There were tons of them inside the maze looking around with their guns aimed. They were shooting each other randomly, and I tried to find the big buff guy in the vest. It was nearly impossible through this thick fog.

Yet I found him. He was crouched low against a wall, aiming his gun at this poor guy's back. He shot and got ten points and I noticed something shine in my eye. I looked closer and realize that there were mirrors scattered about.

My lips curved up in a smile as I aimed at a mirror. The red light bounced and hit another mirror and the red beam landed right beside Liam. I cursed and turned the gun a bit more, the ringer going off on my vest that I hit him in the back. I got trigger happy and kept pulling so that the points kept racking up, much to Liam's confusion. He shifted to the side, looking around to find the person and I stopped before he could trace my laser beam.

I started aiming at other people then, shooting them the same way I shot Liam, causing confusion and hysteria as everyone tried to figure out who the mystery shooter was. I laid down on the block, hiding from everyone just in case someone got smart enough to look up.

I peaked over the edge and that's when someone saw me. They aimed their gun at my face and the laser blinded me. I rolled over and fell off the block, landing on my shoulder. I groaned in annoyance. It wasn't a big fall to cause any permanent damage. It just hurt.

I rolled over just in time to see a guy walking over to me with his gun raised. He was about to shoot me and then his vest started to go off. He looked just as confused as I did as he turned around.

I used that as my chance to roll away from them, hiding behind another block. I leaned against the thing, trying to find a way around both of them. I went the long way around the corner and found the mysterious guy who was my saviour.

Liam smiled at me. "So that was you getting points off of me?"

"Guilty." I said with a smile. He leaned over and helped me up, pulling me against him. He smiled, kissing my forehead softly.

"Look at you shooting cupid." He said.

"Cupid carries a gun." I told him, thinking of the Salem theme song by Marilyn Manson.

He aimed at me and shot my back three times. "You're cute as fuck."

"Ohhhlala Mr. Payne we're going to have some problems." I groaned. I kissed his cheek and he smiled, throwing me over his shoulder. I laughed as he walked throughout the place, shooting the people behind us as he shot the ones in front of us. We were like Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I'm pretty sure I was Mrs. Smith. Angelina was badass and she's like my acting goddess. Since I found Brad Pitt beyond scrumptious like I did Liam he was my Brad. Ends up we had the highest scores of the day. Not to mention I got a large pizza and Liam treated me with extra care because of my arm. All in all it was the best date I've ever had so far.