Chapter Twelve

**A/N: So about eight more chapters after this one should do. I'll make sure they're good though, not to disappoint anyone! Especially not my Kadie! <3**

I needed to end it with Louis. At least that was my intention. I was afraid to do it though because he could blow up on me. However I was undeniably happy where I was though. Sitting on Liam's shoulders as he waded through the pool. Harry had invited his cousin Josh and he was mimicking us as we had a war. Zayn was drifting through the shallow end, completely quiet as he watched us from afar. I lowered my voice even though he couldn't possibly hear me from his position near the stairs.
"How long do you plan to keep this charade up?" I asked him.
"Yeah, I was wondering the same thing."Liam asked beneath me as we each held our targets in place.
Harry's curls fell down over his face, water dripping down it constantly. He blew out a puff of air in a futile effort to remove the hair from his face. "He still hasn't said anything." Harry admitted.
"Yeah, but he's clearly frustrated and I think he might want to kill me." Josh said below him. Josh stole a quick glance towards Zayn and was met with blazing brown eyes. "Yeah," he confirmed, "he totally wants to kill me. Can he fight? I mean most people with lots of tattoos are crazy good fighters."
"Except for Harry." I said, looking at his multiple tattoos.
"Hey!" Harry cried out. "I'm pretty tough."
"Your cat is tougher than you are!" I shot back, making him frown.
"How's Zayn taking it?"
"He's distant." Harry admitted. Zayn started to wade his way towards us, looking like a kid with his green floaties on his arms. I almost forgot he didn't know how to swim. Harry fell off of Jos's back as smoothly as possible into the water, shocking Zayn for a second. Harry came back up right behind him, making the tan boy bounce slightly.
"What do you want?" Zayn asked him.
"I want to give you a few swimming pointers." Harry offered. Zayn shook his head and Harry frowned, touching Zayn's arm lightly. Zayn tensed up at first then relaxed as Harry took both of his arms, guiding them forward in the right motion. Zayn's eyes met mines then Josh's and I saw that evil wicked glint enter into his eyes. Liam saw it as well as he tensed up along with me. Next thing I knew Zayn had dropped underwater. Harry started to freak out as he went under and grabbed him, pulling him back up with quickly. I figured Zayn's floaties were either too big or didn't have enough air in them as they stayed afloat and he just slipped right through them.
I groaned in annoyance as Zayn went into a coughing fit, looking directly at Josh while Harry rubbed his back. They were both completely hopeless in my eyes. Liam dipped into the pool, allowing me to slide off his shoulders effortlessly. Once I was back in the water Liam's arms quickly wrapped around my waist. He pulled me in closer, nuzzling my neck with his unshaven chin. I grinned from the tickling sensation as he picked me up and twirled me around, an easier feat since I was in the water. Josh started to giggle as he went to grab me and dunk me under. Liam froze for a second and then relaxed at my surprised face. It wasn't anything bad that happened, just a reaction from my experiences with Louis and how he'd hit me from behind. It was a threatening motion whenever anyone came at me from behind. It was a tad bit pathetic but I didn't hold it against Josh since he didn't know anything. Once I came back up Liam was quick to hold me.
I felt pleasure from being wrapped in his strong arms. It was pure protection. Pure ecstasy for me because I knew he'd never hurt me. "What are you thinking?" Liam whispered into my ear.
"I kinda sorta started daydreaming." I told him.
His chuckle was light and airy as he asked me, "About what?"
"You'll think it's lame." I answered.
"Nothing about you could ever be lame to me." He said. Yes it was cheesy and corny but it was beyond romantic and he could just get my heart pounding out of my chest with those little corny phrases of his. He nibbled on my earlobe before whispering softly, "Tell me."
I sighed in contempt before whispering softly, "I was thinking that you're my knight in super shiny armor."
"So that makes you the dashing Prince? That totally makes sense. Should I call you Prince Charming now?"
"Prince Charming was the one who saves Snow White." I whispered.
"Well if it's Once Upon a Time you could say they saved each other."
I laughed aloud, drawing everyone's attention. The other three looked at us curiously and I smiled at them. "Liam watches Once Upon a Time!" I shouted out.
They all turned towards us and Harry's face lit up as he heard what I said. "Holy craps I love that show! Who's your favourite character?"
"Prince Charming!" Liam said happily. I giggled as he kissed my cheek.
"I like Snow White. She's daring and kickass. Plus I know she'll do anything for Charming."
"Yes she will!" He said, resting his chin in my hair.
"Regina!" Harry and Zayn said in unison, causing them to blush. They looked away momentarily before looking back at each other with a smile. They then turned back to each other and though nobody else saw, I did. I saw their hands clasp around each other's underwater. Harry's eyes lit up and Zayn's eyes met mines. I nodded and turned back towards Josh.
"And who's your favourite?"
"I'd like to say Rumple."
"Ohh, so dark." I said.
"I like to think of him more as a trickster." Josh said with a guilty smile. Our eyes met with a deep understanding. Of course he'd think that.