You break up with him: How he gets you back (Zayn and Niall)

His point of view

Zayn: Waking up without Y/N in my arms for the first time in months was definitely a rude awakening. I got up and took a cold shower, trying to remember why she'd left me last night. I didn't have to think very hard before the events of last night came back to me.

I'd been smoking again, and drinking. I'd also gotten a new tattoo. Three things that Y/N couldn't stand. I know people wondered why we were even together if she didn't like things that I did. But I loved her. That was the only reason I could come up with. She hadn't wanted to go on a date with me or have anything to do with me, but I'd managed to stick around. I guess I just pushed her too far.

     My phone vibrated and I picked it up without hesitation, hoping it was Y/N. "Hello?" I asked eagerly. "Zayn, man what did you do to Y/N? People are posting all sorts of things on twitter about you. Did you break up?" It was Liam.

"Well, yeah. She kinda broke up with me I guess. What are they saying?" I asked, trying to find my car keys. Liam sighed into the phone, I guess it was bad. "They're saying you hit her, that you have for a long time. That she was too afraid to leave you until last night because you were usually sober enough to stop her." I couldn't believe it, how could people think that? "What is Y/N saying about all this?" I growled. "Nothing." What? She was just letting them say things like this? I didn't think she was this heartless. "What do you mean 'nothing'?" I practically yelled into the phone. "I don't know, it's like she's fallen off the face of the earth." I could tell Liam was getting impatient with me, so I hung up. I had to get a hold of her.

     I tried calling Y/N's cell and her parents. No answers anywhere. I looked up her twitter, nothing. I checked her Instagram and her Facebook as well, still nothing. Maybe Liam was right, maybe she had fallen off the face of the earth. I didn't want to be without her, but it looked like I didn't have a choice.

~One Year Later~      Your point of view

     I was at a club with my boyfriend of almost six months. I hadn't forgotten about Zayn but I didn't talk about it. My new boyfriend, Carter, didn't even know I'd dated the famous Zayn Malik of One Direction. I'd completely cut that out of my life. I didn't do Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook any more because I didn't want to be found. I'd moved back to the small town where I'd grown up and was attending classes at our local community college. I guess I was trying to pick up the pieces the best I could. Carter knew I'd spent some time in London, so he decided to take me there for my birthday. I knew that Zayn wouldn't be there because the band was touring the US so I figured I'd be safe.

     Carter and I had been having a lot of fun while we were in London. I didn't realize how much I'd missed this place. I tried my best to avoid going places that would remind me of Zayn, but when Carter suggested this club, I couldn't say no. He just seemed so eager. "I'm going to get you a drink," Carter smiled, kissing my cheek before walking towards the bar. Carter didn't drink, or smoke, or have any tattoos. He was just about the complete apposite of Zayn. He was a perfect gentleman and I loved him for that. But sometimes I caught myself wishing he would be a little more random and fun.  

     He never called me after 11:00 PM because he didn't want to disrupt my privacy, he always asked permission before kissing me, he didn't do anything if he didn't think I would approve. And, as much as I liked the consistency, I just couldn't help missing the fun-loving boy I had once had. Not the drunk that never listened to me, the silly, sensitive one I fell in love with. Zayn was a part of me no matter where I went.