Chapter Nine

*Daniella’s POV*

The music was pounding and I could feel the bass vibrating. I could feel my dress slowly riding up the more I danced. It became shorter and shorter and I’m sure that any guy that saw me thought they were going to get lucky.

I was insanely thirsty and so I made my way over to the bar. I ordered a soda, not able to drink any alcohol because of my, er, condition. I sipped on it and made my way over to a table in the far right corner of the club. I sat alone for a while, giving myself a chance to cool off. Clearly pregnant women weren’t made to dance for hours on end. But I could honestly care less because at least I was having fun.

I spotted a guy making his way through the crowd towards me. When he caught me staring, he gave me a brilliant smile. His teeth were perfectly straight. It contrasted so much with Niall’s teeth. Of course this thought only reminded me of Zayn. I had come here to avoid thinking of Zayn. The man slid into the seat across from me.

“Quite the club,” he said and then turned to look at me.

“Yeah, I haven’t been here before. It’s sort of crazier than I’m used to,” I shouted back at him, trying to make my voice audible over the blaring music.

“Stick with me. I can keep you safe. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Riley. And you are…,” he trailed off.

“Daniella,” I said and extended my hand forward to shake his. His hands were huge, warm, and firm. He was strong and clearly confident.

“Would you like to dance?” he questioned me.

“Of course,” I said and he grabbed my hand, pulling me along behind him. Once we found a spot on the dance floor, we began dancing. I’d never danced like this with a guy. I’d been with Zayn since I started partying and Zayn wasn’t really a dancer. This was fun and it was nice to let loose, if only for one night.

I could feel Riley’s hands slowly tracing up my thighs, moving towards my core. I backed up a little, trying to act casual about it. He pulled me back into him, placing his huge hands firmly on my arse.  He locked me in his arms and I wasn’t able to escape this time.

“I want to take you home,” he whispered in my ear.

“Actually I don’t think that’s the best idea. I really should be getting home now,” I said and tried to pull away. His grip tightened and I felt my heartbeat escalate.

“You see, I don’t think I really gave you a choice, now did I, love?”

“Please let go of me,” I said, keeping my tone even. I wanted to avoid showing any sign of weakness. I tried to remember what Zayn had taught me about self-defense. Zayn…I wish he were here right now. He would protect me; he always had. I jammed my heel into the top of Riley’s foot. His grip loosened enough that I was able to wiggle free. I pushed through the crowd and I felt Riley’s hand graze my shoulder. I picked up my speed a little bit. I turned my head slightly, looking over my shoulder to see Riley right behind me.

Right then I ran right into a rock solid body. I stumbled and tripped to the floor. “Daniella,” I heard a familiar voice say. Strong arms pulled me up carefully. I looked up into Harry’s face. Riley stood next to Harry, giving us a death glare.

“Excuse me; get your hands off of my girl. She’s going home with me tonight,” Riley said, getting in Harry’s face.

“It really didn’t look like she wanted to go with you. She was running away, mate. Take a hint. And I swear to God if I ever see you anywhere near her again, I will kill you,” Harry said. Honestly Harry was quite scary at the moment. There was a certain darkness shadowing his eyes that hadn’t been there before. His fists were clenched and it was obvious that he was refraining from punching Riley right then and there.