Chapter Twelve

*Daniella's POV*

He left me there in that hospital alone, crying and heartbroken. The silence that followed was piercing and I was relieved when the nurse walked through the door.

"Is everything alright, miss?" she questioned me. I simply nodded, knowing my voice wasn't to be trusted.  I breathed in and out slowly.

I then cleared my throat and asked, "When am I to be released?"

"As soon as Mr Styles finishes the paperwork," she said and smiled at me, handing me a glass of water.

"Mr Styles?"

"Yes, he arrived about an hour after your, uh, boyfriend left. He said he was in charge of you. He said he would fill out any paperwork he needed to and he was driving you home," she explained and I laughed internally. How in the hell was Harry going to fill out paperwork about me? He barely knew me.

Just then, Harry himself walked in. He smiled at me, flashing his brilliant white teeth. He handed me a Starbuck's drink.

"Triple Vende Mocha Macchiato. Your favourite," he stated and I smiled. "And now you are officially allowed to leave this place. You can thank me later."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what happened with you and Zayn?" Harry asked while pulling up to my house.

"I told him the baby wasn't his. I said I cheated on him. Of course he was angry," I explained to him, staring out the window and seeing a figure flash through my window.

"When you said the boys were here, did that include Zayn?" I asked.

"He wasn't here when I left but it's possible he's back now. I think he was over visiting his mum before we leave today," he said.

"She knows that Zayn was the father. You don't think she would tell him, do you?"

"I have absolutely no idea, Daniella," Harry said.

*Zayn's POV*

I heard the front door open and I listened as Harry walked in. I heard a second pair of footsteps, much lighter, along with his. I didn't know that Harry knew anyone in Bradford. I wonder who it could be.

"Hey guys! I'm back!" I heard him shout and then he walked into the kitchen where I was sitting with the boys.

"About time. We've been waiting for a long time. We need to leave now, Harry!" I said and then my jaw dropped as Daniella stepped out from behind Harry.

“What is she doing here?” I spit out, looking from Daniella to Harry

She has a name,” Harry said.

“And I happen to live here, unlike you,” Daniella spat back at me. “I thought when I broke up with you, not staying here was implied.”

I smirked at her. “Sorry, wouldn’t want to interrupt any of your one-night stands. And actually we were just leaving.”

Sadness washed through her eyes and I expected to feel happy about it, causing her pain as she had caused me. Yet when I saw it, I wanted badly to comfort her. I wanted badly to hold her in my arms and sing her worries away, as I had done so many times before.

“Fuck you, Malik,” she said and ran up her stairs.

“That was uncalled for, mate,” Liam scolded from beside me. Niall’s eyes met mine and I could see a conflict in them.

“I’m going to go see if she’s okay,” he whispered and then stepped out of the room and I heard his footsteps seconds later, pounding up the stairs.