Chapter Eighteen

*Daniella's POV*

He approaches me and all I can think is, "He's going to kill me now, right here. I will never see Zayn again." Nick reaches inside his jacket and I wait for him to draw his weapon. I'm surprised when all he pulls out is a gag. I struggle as he ties me up, far too swiftly. I'm too exhausted to struggle any longer and I give in and let him throw me over his shoulder. I felt the cold air hit my arms as he stepped outside. I shivered, yet felt relieved at the same time to be outside, to be able to see the sky one more time. 

My moment was interrupted all too soon as he shoved me into his car. I groan and relax myself against the seat and he begins to drive. I haven't got a clue about our destination. Where could he possibly be taking me now? Why wouldn't he just take my life already? 

I stare at Nick as his dials a number on his phone. I wait for him to say something. I feel like choking when he says the name of who he's called,

*Zayn's POV*

"I don't recognize the number," I say to Harry and he looks worried. I continue to argue with the secretary and she continues to refuse to let me see the detective. The number calls again. This time I answer gruffly, "Hullo." 

"Zayn, I'm ready." 

"Who the hell is this?" I ask. 

"Don't be rude. I do have your girlfriend's life in my hands. I could kill her right now if I wanted to. I was calling to give you a chance to save her. We're at her favourite place from her childhood. Come find us."

That was all he said and then the phone disconnected. The lady behind the desk still wasn't letting us see Miller. I turned away and began jogging towards the door. 

"Where are you going?" Harry shouted from behind me. 

"I'm going to save her. When that asshole finally gets out of his damn meeting tell him to come to the docks with backup. That's where they are."

I'm surprised I didn't get pulled over because I was going at least 10 kph over the limit. I raced to the docks. The docks were what locals called the old boardwalk. It was shut down 15 years ago because there were murders happening inside the rides. It was really shame. It was really the only place kids could come for a proper thrill. The gates have been locked ever since. It's been said that it is a place of evil, although that's only superstition. But it certainly isn't a place I am looking forward to walking around in the dark. I'm only doing it for Dani. 

*Daniella's POV*

The docks. This was the last place I ever thought he would take me. I guess, in hindsight it was a quite obvious choice. Nick has a liking for the dramatic and this place would certainly satisfy that. 

“You are such a good girl,” he whispered in my ear.

“What do you want?” I spit out, surprising myself with the confidence in my voice. He turned me sharply around.

“What do you think? I want you. And I want you dead. But mostly I want him to come after you. I want him to try and save you and not be able to. I will kill each of them personally.”

“In your dreams,” I snickered. He pulled my arms a little farther back and I let out a small whimper.

“Don’t get an attitude with me. I am not opposed to killing you right now,” he said in my ear.

“Well, then it’s a good thing I’m not opposed to dying right now,” I replied. I could tell he was already irritated. If I got him angry enough maybe he would make a mistake.