Chapter Twenty One

*Daniella's POV*

There are few things in this world that I really, truly hate. Hospitals are one of those things. I honestly don't think I could even stand being here if it weren't for Zayn.

It's weird for me to see him like this. Zayn has always been quite aggressive and up front, loud and pushy. We definitely never had a perfect relationship. We fight more than anyone I've ever known and we both let our tempers get the best of us. We say things we don't mean. That's just who we are.  Since I woke, he has been sweet and gentle. I'm not sure whether to like it or not. 

"Are you on your way?" I question him through the phone. 

"Yeah, babe. I just had to stop at your house to get some clothes for you," he says into the phone and I hear the engine revving through the phone. "Is something wrong?" he asks, and I hear him beginning to panic. 

"No, I'm just ready to be out of this God awful place," I sigh and I hear him chuckle through the phone. 

"I'll be there in 10 minutes. Do you think you can wait that long?" 

"Probably not but I'll make do. I love you. See you soon," I say and press the end button on my phone. 

I don't think I'll ever want to come back to this hospital, ever. So much has happened here recently. This is where I found out I lost my baby. This is where Zayn found out that I was having a baby. This is where I told him I cheated on him. This is where I died. This is where they brought me back and so much more. I've seen the whiteness of these walls suck the colour out of Zayn's face, replacing it with worry and pain and fatigue. 

Home...that's where I should be. That is where I belong and I miss it so much. I'm lost in thought when Zayn stumbles in the room, carrying my clothes and two coffees. I smile at him as he approaches me and kisses my lips gently, as if he's scared I'll break. A nurse follows him through the door and begins talking. All I hear is her say that Zayn has filled out the paperwork releasing me from the hospital. His thumb rubs small circles on my hands and I feel my excitement building. It feels like it has been years since I have felt his touch entirely, his hands all over my body, rough and lustful. I blush at my thoughts and Zayn raises his eyebrows. 

The nurse leaves the room and I change quickly, all too aware of Zayn's eyes on my bruised body. His face looks slightly pained but I just ignore it. All I have left of this incident is a small brace on my wrist and a few bruises. Soon it will all just be a memory. 

"Ready?" he asks and I nod. I am so ready. His hand envelops mine as we walk out of the room where I have been confined to for the past month. I hold my head high as people look at us. I lived through all of that and my boyfriend saved me, my incredible boyfriend. 

I slide into his car with ease and he shuts my door for me and walks around to his side. His car is warm and it smells of him, just him. No more disinfectant to cloud his scent. I take a drink of my coffee as he drives. I stare at the road ahead but I can feel his gaze on me more often than not. 

"The boys are at the house waiting but if they annoy you too much, tell them. They'll understand," Zayn mutters. 

"I'll be fine," I say and I hope he understands the deeper meaning. I can see that anything and everything he does revolves around the safety of me. As we pull into the drive of my house, I feel the homesickness leave my body immediately. I relax for the first time in ages as I walk to my front door and use my key to unlock it. I step inside and I am instantly engulfed in hugs from the boys. Behind the boys I see Zayn's mum waiting and smiling. We all move to the living area as the boys talk and make conversation. Zayn's arm is around my waist as we walk to the sofa. He sits first and then gently pulls me down next to him and I rest my head on his shoulder. 

"Welcome home," I barely hear him murmur. I smile and realize this is home, with the boys, with Zayn's mum, and most importantly Zayn. I feel his lips on mine as I smile into the kiss.