Allec 2

This chapter is short! Xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I enter the pub in a daze. I wonder if Eva will be here. I'm immediately given lagar and start sipping. I see a flash of black hair in the air and think of her. Did she transfer for me? Does she feel what I feel? No. Probably not. She barely knows me. She has so much else to deal with. Why would she transfer just for me? I knew she was going to transfer when she assumed the podium. She looked terrified. She had a little-girl-lost look in her eyes. She's so brave. I've been feeling her flip emotions all night, but she's ecstatic now. She must be here, her signal is strong. 

"Hey, Cross. Give 'em a speech and tell 'em to be here tomorrow morning at nine to begin initiation." Joe, the man above me on my job nudges me. 

"Speech!" Someone else coos. It's Gage. God, I hate him. He's had a grudge against me since initiation. I ranked first, he was half a point behind me. Too bad. I chug my brew and walk over to the counter. They begin chanting as I climb to the top. 

Cross, Cross, Cross, Cross! 

I smile and they settle down. 

"I just wanted to congratulate everyone and say thanks to the Forts for not selling out." They all laugh and whoop and cheer at that.

"Training's gonna be a bitch this year. I know, because I helped design it." Everyone laughs, again. "To all the transfers..." I scan the crowd and find her.  She's wearing the top I bought her. Her arms are folded, she's listening. "I know it wasn't easy. I can't promise that you'll like it here anymore than you liked your old sector. But I can promise you a good time." I crack a half smile at her. "To all initiates- be here. Tomorrow. Nine am. Get me?" They cheer. I look back at her. She's laughing at something Teagan's told her. I wonder if she needs somewhere to stay. I need to talk to her, but how would that look?....

Since when do I give a fuck how shit looks? I walk over to her. For a moment she just stares at me, and I at her. Then I nod for her to follow me. Once we're outside I start talking freely. "How are you?" 

"Fine. I had another fight with my father." She purses her lips. 

"Do you need to stay with me?" 

Her mouth relaxes, almost into a smile. "That'd be nice, but I need to get my clothes and things for initiation." 

"I'll take you by." I say quickly. Talking to her again has reminded me of how much I like her. Of how much I want her. 

"Thank you, Cross." 

"Call me Allec." I let down my first barrier. It's only fair, since she's let down so many of hers. 

"Your first name?" Her prettily sculpted eyebrows rise. I nod in response. 

"Thank you... Allec." When she says my name, shivers go up my spine. No one's called me that name since my mom was murdered. I almost breath a sigh of relief. 

"We'll leave at one, okay?" She nods back at me. I want to touch her. Hold her hand, smooth her hair, run hands up and down her legs. Then I remember, she's a year younger than me.. There's no way we'll be matched. And I will not lead her on.