f i f t e e n ♔

Kaylee gave Ethan and me a ride to school, offering to give us a ride after school. She wanted me to walk her to her class, as we were walking down the hallway I couldn't help but admire the Halloween decorations.

She was twirling the ends of her hair, as a few girls from her grade glared at us. There was never a time where I could go down the hallway without Kaylee trying to get noticed by everybody, she loved the attention people gave her.
She noticed how distracted I was, and she turned around to face me. Her hand slipped from mine and I shifted my eyes towards her, "It looks a lot better than last year."

I nodded as I glared up at the wall, "Right." I laughed. She leaned against the toe of lockers outside her American Literature class, "Do you wanna help decorate after school?"
                "Will it be after practice?"

         Kaylee snapped her finger as if she remembering that I had football practice made her disappointed. "I totally forgot." I smiled weakly at her, "Maybe I can still go, when does it start?"
      She ran her fingers through her hair, "Never mind." She smiles, innocently. I gripped the hands of my back pack, "Nothing, it's just that Brooke is going to be there." She rolls her eyes, and scrunches her nose in disgust.

I didn't reply and she quickly noticed that, "What?" She laughs awkwardly, but I still didn't reply. "I don't even know why you like that girl, I mean honestly," she whispers, nonchalantly. "you act like you and her even have a chance. But even if you did have a chance you'd be dumb to take it because she's a slut."
I pressed my lips together and furrowed my eyebrows at her, wondering if she was being serious.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Hhm."

                            "Are you jealous of Brooke or something?" I raised my voice out of anger, and Kaylee noticed. "Grayson, lower your voice." She whispers, leaning closer to me as her eyes shifted at the people watching us from afar.
         "What? I can't hear you," I nearly blurt, "maybe you should talk a little louder!"

She laughs, "What do I have to be jealous of? All Brooke has to do is bend over or show a little bit of skin and any guy chasing after her, any girl can do that. I mean look at you, you're a prime example..."
I didn't bother to say anything because I knew she would probably just argue with me. Kaylee was staring off down the hallway at Brooke who was opening up her locker, "Why does everyone like her?" She mumbles, with a frown.

"I try just as hard as she does, yet guys barely even notice me."
I glared up at the ceiling, I hated whenever Kaylee let her insecurities get to her. "Why do you like her?" At first I didn't know if she was actually me or just making a comment and not wanting me to respond. But when she looks up at me, I can see how serious she is.

"Hmm?"

The bell rung and Kaylee just lowered her eyes at the floor, then turned away and went into her classroom.
I rested my head against the lockers, wishing I would have answered Kalyee before she left. She wanted me to tell her why I liked Brooke and then comfort her by telling her everything I loved about her.

"That is the saddest thing I think I've ever seen." Ethan mumbles, as he approached me with his hands in his sweatpants. "Tell me about it."

"I've never seen her so insecure," my brother says, as he shook his head. "now I get why she's doing all of this. She's super insecure and thinks that if she has a good looking guy tell her how pretty she is, she'll feel better about herself."

I clapped my hands together, "Bravo!" I teased, and he laughed. "Finally, you get it." I cheer, with the most enthusiastic grin on my face. I pulled myself off the lockers and began walking down the hallway beside Ethan, "Why did she pick you out of out all of the guys in school?"

I glare at him, "You know I'm not one to brag but apparently I'm the hottest guy in school." And Ethan raises an eyebrow, "Interesting." I laughed, "Interesting," I mimic him, "what the hell does that mean?"
My brother laughs, "Because we look exactly alike, how can you be hotter than me if we look exactly alike?"

I tried not to laugh, "We look absolutely nothing alike, okay! I'm taller than you."

"Yeah, by like an inch."

"I'm not gonna argue with you about which one of us is hotter, okay." I split away from him to go down the hallway to the left.

"I'm hotter!" Ethan shouts, from the other end of the hallway. I turned around as he was walking backwards down the left side of the hallway, "Get to class!" I shout, laughing at how ridiculous he was being.