Chapter 9 (Part 2)

Happy Halloween!

Written by lostboys_lostgirls

A T T I C U S

I walked into my therapist's office and waited in the waiting room as he finished up with the person in his office.

When she walked out Sean stood in the door way and his eyes widened in surprise, "I wasn't expecting you to be here, it's not Wednesday."

I stood up, "I know, but I really need help, I think I made a mistake."

He motioned for me to come in and we both sat down, "What did you do Atticus?"

I told him about what Christian did for me and how I treated him for it.

I sighed at the end and looked up at Sean.

"What do you think triggered you lashing out at Christian?"

I groaned, "I don't know that's why I came to you! Help me, please." My voice was small now, "I don't want to ruin my relationship with Christian right when it's started."

"Well Atticus, I believe that you didn't know how to cope with someone protecting you. I mean you grew up with an aunt who was still trying to learn the basics of parenthood. I'm not saying your aunt raised you wrong but it was just how you grew up in that environment, no parents most of the time and just one aunt. You protected yourself when you were younger so now you don't know how to deal with someone trying to protect you."

It all made since now and I was happy he had figured it out but still confused of when or if I could fix what I did (or didn't do) to Christian.

"How can I fix this?" I asked.

"Give it time, I'm sure he will talk to you again when he is ready to talk. But he still has to tutor you, unless he goes to the teacher and quits. But I have I feeling he wouldn't do that. Just, when he is ready to talk to you, try to explain. I'm sure he will understand."

I nodded, "Thank you so much."

"Anytime Atticus."

I stood up to leave just as he got a call on his cellphone. I glanced at it and say my aunts name.

I sighed and wauted for him to answer it.

"Hello?... Yes he's here... okay, I will tell him." he hung up and looked to me.

"Your aunts coming to get you can just wait here until she comes."

So I sat down and we made small talk while I waited.

Once she was here she walked in his office and hugged me, "Please next time you leave tell me where you are going, I didn't know where you were going or what you were going to do."

"I'm okay now, can we go?"

She nodded and said by to Sean along with me.

On our way out of the building I saw Christian get out of his car and for one heart stopping moment we locked eyes. His filled with hurt.

He shook his head and walked inside the building.

I don't think my aunt saw him, or if she did, she just kept quite.

We drove home in silence and I couldn't help but wonder what Christian was going to talk about with Sean.