Chapter 16

Written by lostboys_lostgirls

A T T I C U S

It wasn't until the day after my tutoring session with Christian, when I was packing my bag for school that I noticed my blue notebook, filled with my drawings was gone.

"Lydia!" I yelled, running down the stairs.

"What?" She asked, looking away from the scrambled eggs she was cooking.

"Have you seen my notebook? It's blue. Worn out." I said as I looked around the kitchen and dinning room area.

She was silent in thought for a few minutes before she shook her head, "No, did you check you room and the living room?" She asked.

I ran to the living room and it was no where.

Then I thought of a possible place, "No." I whispered to myself.

I ran for my phone and found Christians number and called him.

He didn't answer so I called again.

"Atticus?" He answered sounding tired.

"Do you have it?" I questioned, trying to stay calm, but the idea that he could have seen my drawings, even the worst ones when I was at my lowest.

"What are you talking about?" He asked sounding more awake.

"My journal." I said lightly.

He was quiet and I had my answer, "Did you look through it?" I asked, trying to hold in my emotions, Christian was the last person I wanted to see those drawings.

Silence again, "Christian." I whispered, not trusting my voice fully.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said. I couldn't tell if he said sorry becauze he felt bad for me or because he looked at the drawings.

"Oh God," I whispered, "How could you?" My voice a little louder.

"Atticus, I'm sorry. It was just... the mystery you shielded the journal in... it was so tempting."

I didn't know I had started crying until I couldn't see fully and my voice cracked when I spoke, "D-Did you... see all of them?"

Silence.

I didn't know if I wanted to kill him or try to explain them.

"Can I talk to you before school?" He asked.

I didn't know what to say, I didn't even know if I was going to go to school.

I supressed a sob and bit my lip, "Okay." I whispered and hing uo before he could say anything else.

My aunt walked in then, "Did you find it?"

I looked over at her and her smile fell, "What is it? What happened?"

"Christian has it. He saw all of them." I said tears falling faster.

"Oh, well honey, I'm sure he doesn't hate you, no one could hate you fir thatm its a natural reaction to a tramatic event."

"But he's going to be like everyone else. He's not going to see me anymore. He's going to see the boy that lost his parents and drew about it." I said and held onto my aunt. Wishing all the humiliation and hurt would just go away. But it wouldn't be there if I would have kept up with my journal.

"I'm so strupid." I cried.

"Don't say that. Your brilliant. And handsome. And the best nephew in the whole wide world." She said and gave me a tight squeeze, kissing my temple.

Once we pulled away she wiped the tears from under my glasses, "You don't have to go to school today if you don't want to."

I shook my head, "I have to talk to Christian."

"Your brave." She smiled and kissed my cheek.

Sorry it's short...