Chapter 7

Written by lostboys_lostgirls

A T T I C U S

After dropping Christian off I went straight home and to my room, ignoring my aunt's questioning looks.

I got into my room and forced my self not to slam the door.

I had had enough pity from a countless amount of people. I really didn't want it from the one guy that I had had a crush on since freshman year.

I honestly thought he was different from all the others but it was my fault, I was too quick to judge.

Just then there was a knock on my door.

I grumbled, "What Lydia?"

She came in, "What's wrong Atticus?"

I shook my head and put on a fake smile, "Everything is fine, I would just really like to be alone right now."

She gave me one more questioning look before slowly closing the door.

I sighed and turned to my desk. I pulled out a sketch book and began to draw, nothing in particular, it was just different designs. I noticed that when I drew complex designs all over the page I was trying to get my mind off of something.

This time, I was trying to get my mind off of Christian.

I knew that we would have to tutor tomorrow and I was just trying not to focus too much on how that would go.

Once I had finished the design I looked at the time and noticed that I had been working on the design for an hour. Different swirls and cirlcles filled the page.

I smiled down at the paper and put it away. Even though the drawing was ment to get my mind off of Christian it only made me think more.

I suddently thought of something. Maybe I could talk to Sam, Christian's best friend, maybe he could tell me what Christian was really thinking. Could I have been overreacting?

With nervousness I pulled out my phone and texted him. I just so happened to have his number from a former project we did together in English one year.

Can you meet me at the café in 10?

A few minutes later there was a reply,

Sure

I walked out of my room and down the stairs, "I'm going to the café. I will be back later."

Before she could say anything more I was out the door.

When I arrived at the café I saw Sam sitting at a booth I walked over to him and slid in the booth, "What did you want to meet with me for?" He asked.

"Well it's about Christian." I said hesitantly. Sam immediately focused.

"What about him?" He asked.

"Well did he... did he tell you about my... drawings?"

Sam nodded slowly and I continued, "Do you know how he felt about them? Is it pity because I really don't think I can handle an ounce more of that."

Sam looked at me like I was crazy, "No, no, no. Pity was the last thing on his mind when he mentioned your drawings. He told me that they were really good and that he had wished he got to get a better look at a few of them."

I didn't know I had been holding my breath until I let out a much needed sigh.

I had been over reacting. And it had just hit me how upset I had left him because of my over reacting.

"Atticus? Is everything alright?" He questioned when I didn't speak.

I shook my head, "I thought Christian had got in that fight because he pitied me, I said that too him when I was taking him home. I think I might have really hurt him."

Sam sighed, "I know Christian hasn't told you this but he cares about you, I didn't want to be the one telling you this and I won't tell you everything but you should at least know. He got into that fight because he didn't like Jesse hurting you."

I looked up at Sam. Why hadn't that crossed my mind, Christian got in that fight with Jesse because he cared about me not because he pitied me.

I sighed again, "Okay. Thank you for everything Sam." I said as we both stood up.

Before I even knew I was doing it I wrapped my arms around him, I just really needed a hug in that moment. After a few moments of hesitation he wrapped his arms around me.

"Your welcome Atticus." He said as I pulled away. I saw a slight pink tint to his cheeks and smiled as I walked out of the café.

When I got home Lydia was in her room so I decided to go to mine and just lay in my bed and think about hiw our next tutoring session would go. Awkward? Normal? I guess that kind of depended on me.

Srry for the late chapter loves!