▶ ■■ Out Of The Woods

The night we couldn't quite forget, when we decided to move the furniture so we could dance.

When they woke up from the plane, they ran to their designated cars. There were some paparazzi around the airport to quickly surround and approach them because after all, it is not a private place.

Kirstie can't be mobbed again. It's way too compressed and it makes her distressed. Besides, it's already nighttime to where they arrived and it's way too dark to be surrounded again.

One thought crashed down on Kirstie's mind. She remembered that she has to talk about something with Mitch. Gladly, they're together in the car.

"Hey Mitch." That gentle calling, it's coming back again to her and she doesn't even know it.

"Why?" Mitch replied.

"You said you're already taken, was that true?" She asked. "Who's the lucky person?"

"No, I'm not yet taken," Mitch answered. "It's for the publicity stunt, but if they ask me who my boyfriend is, I know what to answer."

He looks at Kirstie who was looking at the car window, staring the stars. He suddenly held Kirstie's hand on her lap. She quickly turned to Mitch and asked, "Why?"

"Nothing." Mitch replied. "Are you uncomfortable with this stunt?"

"Yes." Kirstie said. "Because I sometimes think that it's driving me crazy. I'm scared you know, it'll break my relationship with Jeremy. I just don't even know what words I could tell you right now."

Mitch felt the atmosphere. It was scaring him with the thoughts of Jeremy. Yes, he remembered all the restrictions, but he did not tell Mitch not to make her fall in love with him again. Maybe he was trying his best to make her fall in love again? It was scaring him to contemplate. He didn't want it.

They at last arrived at their hotel rooms and the first thing they have done is to unpack their things. It's again Mitch and Kirstie together in a hotel room.

After Mitch unpacked his things and got to sit down, he went to Google and searched for Pentatonix at the news corner. Some top articles are from his interview and Kirstie's.

It said, Their partners must be disappointed as haters are! He knows that they're gaining haters quickly as they are gaining fans.

There were articles about the things they do on stage. Mitch wrapping his arm around Kirstie's waist for a second, or Kirstie accidentally kissing Mitch's ear while whispering something. They're everywhere.

They've got to do it because of a supervisor; a part of management, Esther. She was also hurting to see the both of her babies doing the stunt on the stage. But she needs to manage it, or else the management will punish them. For the sake of the fans, they need to do this.

Mitch wanted to end this immediately so he quickly dialed Jonathan's number and said, "Jonathan, we seriously need to end this stunt."

Kirstie heard this and mouthed Mitch a, "what the heck?"

Mitch pretended not to notice it and continued talking to Jonathan. "I hate you for doing this, we're getting too carried away. Let's stop this."

He put it in speaker mode. "Why do you need to put a stop on this? It is becoming more of a friendship of the both of you, than a relationship." Jonathan clearly said.

"Jeremy Michael Lewis." Mitch said and Kirstie frowned. Hearing that her boyfriend needs to be on this is not indeed appreciable.

He saw her reaction but ignored this, "he is getting jealous of this, we need to stop this. Besides, Kirstie and I-"

"This is the problem with you!" Kirstie screamed. "You are afraid and scared by everything!"

Mitch looked at her. "This is why we broke up, it's clear to me now!" She added. "How many times do I have to tell you that you've got to be sure of something you want? Don't be such a coward!"

"You don't understand, Kirstie." Mitch calmly said.

"Then make me understand the damn thing! Why are you like this?" She shouted again.

"Because I never wanted to lose you!" Mitch didn't contain it anymore. "I didn't tell you to stay because I wanted you happy. I thought you were okay with me leaving you."

He breathes then, "I was afraid to make you feel what I was feeling, so I let you with that Matthew I was jealous with. And yes, I know how Jeremy feels, I'm sorry."

Mitch paused, but he managed to continue, "you were the one who told us to be broken up, right?"

Kirstie was like shot in the heart on what Mitch just said. It was true, but Mitch never told her about his feelings about the breakup. She never knew why Mitch let her go. It was like a whirlwind for the two of them. It was becoming clearer and clearer.

Esther suddenly entered their room, without knocking. She knew she had a spare key of all their rooms. "Kirst, Mitchy, I heard shouting. Were that yours? What's wrong?"

"Nothing." They denied in unison.

Esther left them with a silent okay and they dug into a deep thought. They were starting to want to be together again. With this, they sighed and just went to their bed. Jonathan hung up the call he had from Mitch.

Sooner, the walls became papers because of fans. But Mitch and Kirstie were having their moment.

"Remember when we danced in my room?" Kirstie asked. "Our first overnight being together."

Mitch just smiled at the memory. "Yes, that was delightful."

"Do you want to do it again?" She asked.

Mitch waited for his emotions to be settled. He closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath.

He sighed, "Please maintain the restrictions and how it was meant for young people." Then followed by his laugh.

Kirstie stood up and went to the bathroom. Thankfully, there were sixteen little candles in a pack beside the sink. There were even roses beside it.

She's going to make it happen again. The best of it all, it's going to happen again. Just for the last time, just for closure of the feelings, and just for what was theirs.

"I found candles!" Kirstie chirped. She was happy like nothing happened, like her small argument with Mitch never happened that night.

They set the room with the candles and roses they saw inside the room. Then, they turned all the lights off that fans freaked out why. They took a picture of it and tagged Pentatonix here and there.

Their fanbase got a lot more surreal and strong. They knew where the members' rooms are but they still don't know who stays in them.

"Don't mind them, it's the time we need to think off." They played Night Changes by One Direction and slowly danced to it. The roses, the candles, and the moonlight. It's perfect for them.

Everything went back to its place. They had nothing worry about, for this time.

Scott Hoying: oh shit, that's @mitchgrassi and @kirstin_taylor 's room, what is happening?