Chapter Two

I woke up with a pair of arms entangled around me. Ashton and I had fell asleep watching movies. I looked at him, and softly laughed at the drool pouring out of his mouth. I took his arms off me and walked into the kitchen. Pancakes.

"Morning, Eli. You're up early." Anne smiled.

"Your son fell asleep on me. I was trapped." I laughed. "Your son as in Ashton, not Harry. That would be weird."

"Good 'ole loopy Eli. Here's breakfast, eat up. You got a big day." She said, and set down a plate of pancakes and bacon.

"Big day? What're we doing?" I asked.

"Ashton has to go to the studio and he wanted to take you. He said he's gonna take you shopping, too."

"Oh. Sounds fun." I said, taking a bite out of the pancakes.

"Morning." Ashton said, yawning.

"Good morning. You trapped me." I laughed.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep." He laughed.

"Me either. But oh well." I shrugged, taking the last bite of my food.

I walked up to the sink and washed my plate, then sat down by Ashton.

"So, we're going shopping?" I asked him.

"Mum!" He groaned, putting his fork down. "You weren't supposed to tell her!"

"Oops." Anne said, and walked out of the room.

I softly giggled, and Ashton sighed.

"You're not mad, right? About going to the studio? Because if you don't want to see him-"

"Ashton." I scoffed. "He's still your best friend. I can hang out with Luke or Calum instead."

"You sure?"  He asked.

"Yes. I'm gonna go take a shower and then I'll be ready." I said, getting up and heading to my room.

I grabbed my clothes I was going to wear, then headed to the shower. I turned it to cold and jumped in.

"Why you lyin'? Why you always lyin'?" I sang.

My phone was playing music, and it started playing airplanes. I really hated listening to this song, because I know the meaning behind it and with Michael singing most of it, it obviously made me think of him.

The stupid thing is, yesterday he wanted me to call him. Then, hours later he was back to being a jerk. Tweeting things, his girlfriend being stupid, etc. Nothing new at all.

I got out of the shower and got dressed into some shorts with leggings underneath, and a jean jacket with a 5SOS band tee under. I brushed my hair out and walked out of the door.

"Ready to go?" Ashton asked, spinning his keys around his finger.

He had black skinny jeans on, brown combat boots and a greenday t-shirt on, and his hair had the perfect amount of curls.

"Yep. Let me get my wallet, actually." I said, and went into my room, before Ashton grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

"You don't need it. Come on." He said, and interlocked our fingers as we walked to his car.

He opened the door for me, as he always did because he's nice, and we got in the car together.

"How long do you need to be at the studio?" I asked.

"Not long, it's just a meeting. You can wait in the lobby, there's a spare drum kit. I'd like to see you practice what I taught you." He smiled.

"Sounds good." I  said.

"Feels good!"

"Literally, shut up." I laughed.

---

I sat in a chair in the lobby, scrolling through Ashton's phone. He left it with me since he says it always rings and he gets in trouble.

"@Ashton5SOS: ayeee this is Eli on Ashton's acc I just wanted to say he needs to follow more people so I'll make him do that later"

"@Ashton5SOS: not make him like he hates doing it just I'll remind him so tweet him some funny stuff"

Notifications blew up, so I exited the Twitter app and scrolled through his pictures. It was mostly pictures of the band, and some pictures of me, but there was some selfies he never posted. I don't know why, because he looked so good in them.

I dropped his phone in my lap and eyed the clock. They've been in there 30 minutes, and weren't done yet. I walked towards the room they were in, and stopped at the corner to listen.

"I'm trying to change! I know what I'm doing! I know that I'm a screw up and I never do anything right and I'm sorry, but I can't deal with you bashing on me instead of listening!" Michael yelled.

I heard a noise, and Michael darted out of the door, stopping when he saw me. His eyes looked tired, his face tear-stained... What was he going through?

"Michael..." I whispered, walking towards him.

"No. Don't. I'll only hurt you more." He said, shaking his head and running out of the door.

Luke, Calum, and Ashton then walked out of the room and I looked at them.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked.

"It's better for you not to know. Let's just go shopping." Ashton said.

"Bye Luke, bye Cal. Come over later tonight?" I asked.

"Sure. Bye." Luke said, and Ashton and I walked out of the door.

As we sat in his car, I saw Michael sitting on the bench outside, his head in his hands.

"Ashton... What is wrong with him?"

"He's just... Going through some crap right now. He'll be fine." He nodded.

"I'm worried about him. Even though he called me all of those horrible things, I still care about him. A lot." I sighed.

"I know." Ashton mumbled, and he started the car.

We drove past Michael, and I stared at him until I couldn't see him anymore. This was concerning, was he depressed? I don't want to see anything happen to him...

"@Michael5SOS: I hate everyone"

"Is he like, bipolar?!" I shouted.

"What do you mean?" Ashton asked.

"His Twitter!"

"His Twitter has been hacked by his ex girlfriend for awhile now."

"That explains it. And ex?" I asked.

"Said too much. You'll find it all out soon."

"I hate you." I groaned.

---
a/n

Almost 100 reads already tysm ily all so so so much please comment and tell me everything and be annoying bc I love it ❤️

bye xoxo