Chapter Five

I tossed and turned in my bed once again, and I sighed, giving up on sleep. I had woke up after an hour of sleep and couldn't get comfortable enough; I was sad, for some reason. I looked at my phone, 4:25 AM.

I sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes. I decided I'd get my chips that I had bought earlier with Ashton. I stood up and walked to the kitchen, making as less noise as possible.

"Can't sleep?" Ashton said, making me jump.

"Jesus, Ash. You scared me." I sighed, walking back to my room because it was pitch black in the kitchen.

"Sorry," He said, following me. "What happened earlier, with Michael?"

"I don't know... That girl just ticked me off. I hate what Michael did to me but..."

"You still love him." He whispered.

"Yeah."

"I better head to bed, we have to go somewhere later today." He sighed.

"We do?" I asked.

"Not you. The band."

"Oh." I said.

"Uh, yeah... Goodnight." He sighed, walking out and shutting my door behind him.

I suddenly wasn't hungry anymore, so I put the unopened bag of chips on the nightstand.

"@Ashton5SOS: I'm a complete idiot sometimes :("

I shook my head and groaned, and I walked to Ashton's room.

"What's wrong." I sighed

"That took two seconds." He half laughed-sighed.

He turned the light on, and I could now see he was shirtless and had sweatpants on.

"What's wrong? Because you're not a complete idiot."

"Yes, I am." He scoffed.

"Ashton, I'm going to slap you. Now tell me what's up." I said, sitting on his bed in front of him.

"Jesus, can't you see it, Eli?" He asked.

"See...what?" I said, confused.

"Eli..." He sighed.

"Are you like, seeing dead people or-"

I was cut off, because he cupped my face in his hands, looking straight into my eyes. He brushed my hair back, and I grabbed his hand to move away before he kissed me.

What the frickity frack patty whack is happening.

"Ashton-"

"I like you, Eli. I like you a lot. I didn't know for sure until you and Michael started getting together and I guess that's why I was so protective over you. I tried to get over it, I tried so hard, I know you don't like me back because you love Michael-"

This time, I cut him off by kissing him.

"I don't know why I just did that." I whispered against his lips.

"We can't do this. We can't. I'm conflicting you and throwing you off. I can't do this to you, or to Michael." He sighed. "Especially at the state he's in right now."

"Ashton..." I sighed.

"Let's just pretend this never happened." He said.

So I did. I pretended it never happened and pushed it to the back of my mind, as I walked to my bedroom and finally fell asleep.

---

I was currently having a late dinner at a restaurant with Michael and Ashton, as Luke and Calum were at the store buying video games.