Chapter 1

My alarm clock screeches as I wake up and hit the stupid thing. It's still 3 months before the aptitude test but everybody is still jittery. Finals too! As if the people taking the aptitude test don't have anything else to worry about. I'm really nervous because what if my results are still Candor and I mean I'm leaving behind a whole life. I have a 13 year old brother and a mom and a dad and even a dog! I'm scared that if I leave Candor I'll no longer be loved by my family. Faction before blood but I'm not sure how much I like that saying.

I curl my brown shoulder length hair and put on a black and white striped tank top, black skinny jeans and a pair of black converse. I put on my favorite pair of black rose earrings along with my favorite black arrow ring. If there's one thing I like about this faction is how stylish the people are. You learn a thing or to by watching the other people in the faction. I grab my black and white flowery backpack and run down stairs.

My dad is one of the chairmen for the Candor faction so we're privileged with a deluxe apartment cando thingy.

By the time I get downstairs everyone is already awake and my brother is feeling like being a drama king.

" Who are you trying to impress? You can't get any guys anyways." Brayden states flatly.

" Stop it. Your sister is very pretty. " Mom comes over and kisses my forehead. " As pretty as a donkey's ass..." Brayden mumbles. " Don't use that kind of language!" " We'll I'm going to the bus if princess wants to join..." I say and start walking.

~~~~~~~~

When I get onto the bus I sit next to an Abnegation girl who offers her seat to me but I tell her to keep it and sit next to her instead.

" Hi I'm Addyson! What's your name? " I say trying to make this less awkward even though its going to be boring because she isn't allowed to tell me much about herself. " M-Mekennzie. " She's clearly shy and nervous but still wanting to break free. I feel like she is stuck in a world she's not meant to be in. "Cool! I think we should talk more. I know how it feels to be a bit alone." She smiles a genuine smile that I could tell that that meant the world to her.