Chapter four

"Ok, Mia I don't want you to have a strop with me this time, just try to listen you will find that it will help you, i'm going to start now"

"Your body is nice and warm, and there's a happiness in the air, your eyes are closed but you can still see the brightness of the sun, theres some cool winds, and the sounds of children and birds."

"Mia can you imagine where you are when you can feel and hear those things?"

"um no, it's not really obvious, I mean you could be anywhere."

"Mia it's the seaside can't you tell?"

"Er no I've never been to the seaside."

" Really oh well, I should have asked, do you want to try a different one?"

" No thanks Helen, I'll go home now."

" Plus if I were you I'd be thinking about meds."

I stand up and walk out slowly,

"Mia one day you need to listen to someone, meds aren't always the answer you know."

 2013

I am crying as I walk up the stairs I'm shaking, I don't want to live in this world anymore, and I don't think I ever have. I was always waiting for things to get better but, they never did. So now I'm just going to leave, nobody will follow me and nobody will miss me. Because I'm just going to die. I think my happiness has killed itself already, it's had enough of living in a sad girl's body and has just died. I lie down on my bed, tears dripping everywhere and I grab the pill bottle off my bedside table, I unscrew the lid weakly, and pour all of them in my mouth. They taste like metal and they're all crumbling in my mouth. I scream and kick the end of my bed, fall to the floor spitting them out. Then I pass out.

I had a lot of days like that. Many suicide attempts but it just doesn't work out. I never had friends to pull me through after Ben died. I decided not to try and commit suicide and walk on through life, thinking that if I wanted to die that much, then it would just happen when the time was right.

I met Jasmine in 2013, she was the start of my recovery.

Brown glossy hair and bright green eyes, that's the first I see of Jasmine. She walked into class with a big smile, which was unusual in my school and, as I remember a red floppy cardigan and blue boots. She was so beautiful, it was weird for me to think like that, but she was. In her little boho clothes, her unique style.

She walked in and looked around, you could sense the excitement buzzing on her. Miss sat her down at the front on an empty desk and I stared in a daze. She was in all of my lessons, and I saw her all day. At lunch she sat down next to me and introduced herself.

"Hi! I'm Jasmine and yeah I think you know me anyway, I'm just sitting her 'cause I don't really know anyone yet and... yeah" she said with enthusiasm.

"Yeah I'm Mia you're in my form and stuff, um welcome to the school of sluts, drugees and idiots. Mostly just idiots." I say nervously.

"Yeah the school of idiots" she says sweetly.

After a few weeks of hanging out with each other me and Jasmine got really close. A couple of boys even asked her out, but she said no, I don't know why though, she seemed into them but she said she's waiting for someone else, she won't tell me who.

"It's nearly summer!" Jasmine says with a smile

"I know I need a rest seriously!"I say

"Ooh ooh! We should go camping this weekend it would be so fun and there's a woods near me we can go to!" She says