o n e

joshua: hey

mia: who is this?

joshua: hong jisoo ... do u remember me?

it takes a few minutes for mia to respond, her response completely unsurprising joshua.

mia: unfortunately, yes.

joshua: aw aren't you kind

mia: i see you still don't know how to use punctuation...

mia: why are you messaging me, anyway? and, where did you get my number from?

joshua: i never deleted it

mia: oh.

she frowns, finding it unusual that her number remained in his phone even after three years. he's lucky she's in debt with student loans and didn't have enough money to buy another phone.

joshua: can we meet up?

mia: no, joshua, we can't.

joshua: why not :(

mia: do you think that i forgot what happened in high school?

joshua groans at the memories which he's forced to reminisce upon.

joshua hong and mia parker, back in the days, were the couple known across their school in america. everybody wanted a relationship like theirs, even if they publicly argued in the corridors and cafeteria from time to time. they were perfect for each other. that's what everybody thought, anyways.

joshua: you're still upset over that, really?

mia: wow, thank the lord; you used punctuation. and yes, i am, my reputation was important to me at the time and you ruined that.

joshua: i'm sorry

joshua: why are you not replying

joshua: ?

author's note; these chapters are going to be relatively short, sorry, but i'm really looking forward for continuing this book. and my dog's name is mia, that's why i called the character that #sorrynotsorry