12

The next morning, we have no classes so I woke up late. I wore pants again. I don't want to wear frilly dresses right now.

I was eating my breakfast and I was sitting beside James. I remained silent. I don't want to recall my encounter with Dianna yesterday. Vianne and her brothers didn't see the devil form my Grandmum showed yesterday. I'm very grateful that they didn't.

Grandmum was here also but I have no plans on talking to her. She was talking with Cindy and the others. Erik, James and I just ate in silence. Edvard was also engaged in their conversation, I'm glad that he was.

They were talking about Italy when I saw a saucer appeared beside my plate. On the saucer, was a ring. I looked at James. I raised an eyebrow.

"What is this for?" I whispered.

"Wear it. You need that for the sake of the show."

I rolled my eyes.

"You bought this?"

"I didn't. This was my Mother's engagement ring given by my father."

"Your British Prince father?"

He nodded. He wore a bored face. Emotionless was better.

I took the ring and stared at it. It was made with a simple band, probably made with platinum. The stone sitting on it was a pretty one. This was a sapphire. A stone for the royals.

"This stone was taken from the crown jewels and turned into a ring. Mom told me that this was a British treasure passed down to every royal generation."

I gave the ring to him. "For the sake of the show, slip it on my finger."

He smiled. He probably forgot how he talked to me yesterday.

He took my hand and slipped it on my ring finger. It fits perfectly.

"How did this fit?"

"My Mom had it resized. She had asked your jewelers what size your finger is."

"Ah." I stared at the beautiful ring. I smiled thinking that this was my favorite color. I silently thanked James for the ring and continued eating.

"I see that you already gave a ring to my granddaughter, James."

I looked up and just rolled my eyes at my Grandmum.

"She was a ringless engaged person."

"Ah, so she was. It is a beautiful ring."

"It was from my Mom. She gave it to me the day she left to Norway."

Grandmum nodded.

"Can we see?" Vianne was all excited to get a peek on my ring. I pulled my hand across the table and Vianne pulled it to them.

"It's pretty!" She exclaimed. "Where did this come from, James?"

"It came from the British crown jewels. My father had it when his mother gave it to him when he proposed to Mom."

"Ah. It is where it should belong."

She released my hand and I sat down to eat again. Grandmum stood up.

"I have to leave for diplomatic visits, children. I will be back in three weeks."

Thank goodness. I would be witch-free for the next weeks.