Chapter 16: Rescue mission

Mitch P.O.V.

I guess Michael and Scott are done talking, since Michael is coming towards my 'jail'.

"We're moving again in two hours. Get your stuff together. Don't make me wait." He said annoyed and walked back to pack his own stuff. I don't have that much stuff though. We went to the store once and he bought me some clothes. He also bought two bags, one for each of us, to put our belongings in so we didn't have to carry it all in our hands.

Michael is coming back towards my jail. "Oh, I forgot to tell you something. That was the last call I made with your blonde giant." He then walked back to pack his stuff.

I don't think his conversation with Scott was a fun talk between two guys. I wonder what they talked about, and what made Michael so annoyed. But enough with the wondering, I need to start thinking. What could possibly have gone wrong between Scott and Michael?

Scott P.O.V.

"Well? Did you get anything?" I asked, looking expectantly at Avi.

"We didn't get much, but we did get something." He answered while a smile appeared on his face.

"We couldn't find the exact location, but we did found out in which area they are right now. They're in Moose Jaw." Oliver said. Oliver is one of Avi's friends.

"Great! Great!! Mitch told me what he saw when he looked through the window! He saw a corn field and behind it, there was something like a highway or something."

"That is amazing." Oliver said, and he started typing on his computer. "The only possible road in Moose Jaw is Main St. N. If we go now, we'll be there before sunset."

"First, let's go to the police so we have reinforcement. We don't know what Michael is capable of." I said, and they both agree. We walk to Avi's car and immediately drive to the police station.

"Thank you for both flying over to help me. Especially you Oliver, thank you for lending us your knowledge of all this detective stuff." I said.

"You're very welcome Scott. I'm not a cop to just sit around all day. I'm glad I'm able to help you and your friend."

We soon arrived at the police station. We told everything we knew and they agreed on going with us to Moose Jaw. It'll be a car ride of an hour long, but I'll do everything to see Mitch again and to hold him in my arms.

Because we were so fixated on getting there as soon as possible, it felt as if we got there in only half an hour. When we rode on Main St. N, we saw a small road leading to an old abandoned factory.

"That's it! That's it you guys!! Mitch is in there!" As we got closer, we saw a grey car parked beside the building. "That has to be Michael's car! We found them!" I yelled of excitement. I couldn't wait to see Mitch again.

"Calm down Scott, we still need to inside and see if they're actually in there." Avi said as he parked the car in between two police cars.

"Right." Oliver said.

"Then what the hell are we waiting for?!" I yelled and got out of the car. I soon found out that wasn't my best plan, because I was blocked by two enormous police officers.

"We don't know if he has any weapons, so if you barge in there right now and he has a weapon, you're dead." One of the police officers said.

"I'm sorry. What do we have to do now?"

"First, we'll go around the building and see if there are any ways to get in and out of the building. Then we'll put officers at each exit so if he escapes, we'll catch him." The other police officer said.

"Okay, let's go then?" I ask, not wanting to waste any more time. There are ten people in total. Seven officers, Avi, Oliver and me. After we walked around the building, we concluded that there were four exits, one at each side of the building. Each exit got guarded by one police officer. The remaining three officers, Oliver, Avi and I decided to go inside, using each exit to decrease Michael's chance of escaping.

While I was walking with a police officer beside me, I suddenly heard Mitch yelling. "Why the hell are you even keeping me here? What is the use of me being in a cage like this? I'm not an animal! What if Scott barges in right now, you won't even be able to escape or defend yourself! You got nothing! I really don't get the use of this! I really don't!"

"He put you in a cage because his dream is to go to the zoo, but his parents never took him. He just uses you as a way to try to fix himself from the broken heart he got from his parents." I said, walking slowly in the room. The police officer is beside me, holding a gun targeting Michael. As soon as Michael sees the gun, he raises his hands.

"How did you find us? How did you get here?" He said, starting to panic.

"That one minute that you gave us was really of use. Thank you for that!" I said and ran to Mitch. I took the key that was laying on the table to open the jail. I put my arms around Mitch tight, not planning on letting him go very soon.

"I missed you. Thank you for finding me in time, he wanted to move again in an hour." Mitch said, tearing up. I could feel the tears rolling down on my shoulder. Tears started to roll down my cheeks and I couldn't hold my feelings back anymore. I was so relieved that Mitch was back in my arms. My legs gave in and I fell onto the ground, with Mitch still in my arms. We laid there for a few minutes, until the police officers told us we had to leave. We stood up.

"I love you. Thank you for being here." Mitch said.

"I love you too." We kissed and then walked back to the cars.

-----------------------------

HI GUYS!

Wait? Are my eyes really seeing this? Did she upload a new chapter in less than a week?!

Well, eyes, you got that right! I was so into writing today, I hope you like this chapter!

Anyway, I think the end is coming closer! I know this story isn't really long, but it feels as if the story is slowly coming to an end. If you feel like this story isn't ready for an end, then you should definitely tell me! If anyone has suggestions for this story, please feel free to tell me! I'll take your opinions in serious consideration!

If you liked this chapter, don't hesitate to vote!

Commenting is also very nice!

And adding this story to your library would be very VERY nice of you!

Thank you for reading Chapter 16: Rescue mission!

I'll 'see' you again in chapter 17!

Love,

N