Part Six

Ashton's P.O.V.

"When done," Mr. Brandon continued as I checked on my watch, seeing that there's only ten minutes left before bell, before looking back at Lou. Scott's voice rang in my head as his words repeated on my mind and, I think I'm gonna have to agree with him, she is so cute.

Though still listening to our class, I stared at her the whole hour - not wasting a second to trace her every outline and memorize her every feature. And, yeah, I know I probably sound so creepy but I can't help but to look at her. She would glanced at me from time to time but would immediately turn her gaze away from me as she turns red.

"Come forward to get your topic before leaving," he continued. "Go get your partners now."

She finally looked at me, fake coughing, as everyone started buzzing. "Aren't you gonna go and get a partner?"

"You are my partner," I said, smiling.

"What?" She asked, confused. "You're smiling weird and had been staring at me. So, thanks but no."

"I'm not," I shrugged, taking my gaze away from her. She stood up; "hey, where are you going?"

"Getting my partner," she pointed out. I pouted, following her gaze as she smiles at Niall. I met his eyes and gave him an angry look before he turned his back and talked to Harry. I looked back at her as she muttered; "Aww, I think he already has a partner."

"Didn't you heard me?" I started. "I said you are my partner."

"No, thank you," she laughed sarcastically. She sat back and looked around.

"Everyone's taken," I said, pointing out. "Common sense. They asked their seatmates."

"You didn't even asked me," she said.

Chuckling, I looked at her in the eyes as she looked back at me. Man, I think I'm gonna get lost, I thought. "Please be my partner. Please."

"You can't be serious," she said slowly, biting her lips. I pouted, making puppy eyes on her. "Okay, no fooling around?"

I nodded, smiling. I glanced at Mr. Brandon as one by one the students come forward to get their topics. She continued; "not gonna be a jerk anymore?"

I nodded again. The bell finally rung and almost half of the class were gone. Mr. Brandon looked at us and said; "I believe you two are partners, Irwin and Sprayberry."

"Yes," she said happily, standing up and collecting her things before she went up to him. I stood up and patted her on the shoulder before standing by the door to wait for her.

I watched her closely as she talks to him, smiling like a complete idiot. Then she started walking my way as she waved goodbye to Mr. Brandon. But before I can even say anything, the Asian stood beside me, holding his hand out to her.

"Princess," he started as she held his hand and gave him an one arm hug. She looks so happy with him.

And I don't like it...

Stop it, I thought. Even if they're a thing, I shouldn't be affected.

"I miss you," he continued, planting a kiss on her forehead. "Ready to go home?"

"Yes," she said excitedly. "Where's Lu---"

"But we're doing our project," I interrupted, giving the Asian an angry look. "I can give you a ride instead. And we can actually do it in your place so you won't have to get uncomfortable doing it at ours."

"Oh, yeah, that," she pouted, pulling away from him, though their hands were still twined.

"But," he protested. "We... its... can I come?"

"Sorry, babe," Lou said, kissing him on the cheeks as she tip toed. "I'll make it up to you, I promise. And tell the boys I miss them."

"Let's go," I snapped, smirking at him as I reached for her hand. I pulled her away.

"Slow down," she cried, shaking my hand off her. But my grip only tighten as I led her out to the school parking to where my car was parked.