Part Nine

Lou's P.O.V.

I'm doing him a favour, I told myself.

Wait, no!

This is actually our deal! And, as much as I wanted to finish this project, I want to have a break from him, too. So, it's cool that she showed up. I can finish this project on my own and just update him a day before the presentation day while I hook him up with Bianca.

Now, that's a perfect plan!

Feeling a little tired, I closed the laptop and headed to bed when my phone started vibrating.
"Hello," I said, not checking who the caller was. I yawned

"Hi, princess," Calum greeted cheerfully. "You sound sleepy already!"

"Cause I am sleepy," I said, giggling. "I wanna cuddle."

"Well, open the damn window," he chuckled just as I heard a tap on my window. I immediately got up and opened it. He was leaning on the tree, waving madly at me. "Simon let me in. I had to leave the car a few blocks away."

"Get in here," I laughed, nodding at him as he ran and started to climb up my room. We've been doing this for years since, you know, like I said, mom doesn't like them. So I sneak them up to my room sometimes. The same thing Daniel and I do whenever we sneak out at night to go to the mountain hill...

I helped him inside the room, closing the window immediately. Grinning, he pulled me into a hug. "What did you do all day? Did he do anything to you? I was worried, I wanted to follow you."

"I'm fine, Calum," I smiled, pulling away from him and climbing back into bed where he lay next to me. He pulled me once more, cuddling with me. "Bianca came and they left. Which is good cause he isn't helping me at all."

"How'd you became partners anyway?" He asked.

"I have no idea," I signed.

"Do you like him?" He said, as our eyes locked. "I mean, I don't know, you're so pissed at him. It's very unusual and its---"

"I don't like him," I laughed, cutting him off. He pouted as I hit him in the arm playfully. "We've been in this conversation a hundred times. He pisses me off. That's all."

"Good," he smiled, planting a kiss on my forehead as he pulled me closer. "Cause I don't wanna lose you over him. You know that I love you, Lou."

I know, I told myself. I know and I feel bad for him. He is so kind and sweet to me but I can never repay him the way he wants me to. I know I've hurt him but he never stops being the Calum I knew.

"I know," I muttered, smiling, as I breathe in his scent.

Sometimes I think he just decided to love me because Daniel told him to look after me - well, that's what he told me when I was discharged from the hospital. But maybe he's just confused about his feelings. And I like to think of it that way.