Part Twenty Nine

Calum's P.O.V.

My heart ached as I watched them from a far. I always knew this is going to happen and, after last week, I expected it. I had prepared myself. It was hard but its something I must accept. She can't love me the way I do love her - and, I was happy because I know she did tried. I was happy that for a short period of time, I was able to call her mine. And, although she makes me happy, I can't keep her away from the one who keeps her happier.

Stopping myself from crying, I sighed and stepped forward. "Lou. Ashton."

"Calum," She said, turning her gaze at me, smiling. "Calum, I---"

I shook my head, smiling. "Its okay, Lou. I always knew it was him."

"Calum," he started, smirking at me as he shook his head "I believe you two has some catching up to do. So, I'll leave you to it. See you at school."

"Wait, what?" I asked, confused as he nodded at me before getting inside the car.

"Calum," she said, pulling me in a hug. "I know that you wanted to play the guitar but your parents wants you to do the piano and you have no choice but to follow. For fucksake, everyone calls you Asian and I have to step on their throats to tell them you're not."

I chuckled as I wrapped my arms around her.

"You love ham and pineapple on pizza," she continued. "But would handpicked them cause you know I want them. But, so what? I'd do the same when it comes to cheese. I'll eat every goddamn cheese and leave the cheddar for you."

"You're my Mickey mouse," I cried, grinning as I pulled away. Holding her hands, I said; "only you're a girl so that makes you Minnie."

"And you're still that weird kid who used to run around and take a bite out of the apple and just randomly put them around the house," she giggled, rolling her eyes.

"You remember that?" I asked, smiling.

"I remember every single fucking thing about you, Hood," she said, cupping my cheeks as she wiped tears with her thumb. "I'll always be your Minnie. Nothing will change."

Smiling, I looked deep into he eyes. I said, "I still don't understand what's going on."

"I love you, too, Calum," she muttered, biting her lips.

I looked at her, confused yet smiling, "I... But you two were..."

"Next time," she continued, giggling. "Try not to hang up the phone so you'd hear everything."

"But," I started, but she pulled me to her eye level and pressed her lips unto mine.

I felt her lips curved into a smile before pulling away. She held my hand and smiled at me, looking at me deep in the eye. "I know that you know me better than I know myself, but -"

"- but not this time," we both said in unison.

I chuckled. "I never thought, god, you don't know how happy I am right now. I was so scared when I saw you two awhile ago. I thought that's it, that I'll loose you."

"I tried, Calum," she said. "I tried and tried. I was trying even before I said I'd try I just didn't realized it. It took me a long time. Damn, I was so focused on having you around I forgot how you felt."

"What about Ashton?" I asked. I am happy, no doubt about that. But somehow I feel bad for Ashton, I know he likes her a lot. "You loved him, didn't you?"

"I did," she sighed. "But it's clearer to me now."

"Are you sure?" I asked, rubbing my thumb on the side of her hand.

"No," she glared at me. Then she laughed. "Will you shut up? I love you, Calum Thomas Hood."

"I love you, too, Lou Sprayberry," I said smiling, pulling her in a hug.

(A/N: On that note, please no hating on Calum. I know he will not do this in real life especially to a friend. From the start, it was already established that he's in love with Lou, Lou on the other hand was confused and unsure about her feelings for Ashton. From the previous chapter, the realization she had about liking Ashton after seeing him with Bianca opened a door for her and Calum to be together - it opened a door for her to see Calum and the feelings he had for her for so long in a different way. She appreciated it more and eventually grew more fond of him.)