1.1

2 W E E K S L A T E R

"Look, Calum, I've already split you and Ashley from working with each other." Mr Joseph tries to explain to Calum but Calum keeps arguing. If Calum doesn't get these grades he's in big trouble. Like, I'm not talking about getting grounded or money confiscated. I'm talking about expelled and trouble with the police.

"Mr Joseph's, you don't understand. I need these marks." Calum pleads but Mr Joseph's keeps his decision.

"And Ashley does too, she also doesn't need a two man job dumped onto her." Mr Joseph's is pointing to Ashley who is sitting over with Riley and Joe.

"I promise, I will do the work!" Calum again attempts to change his mind and this time it slightly works.

"I'll tell you what I'll do." The words came out of Mr Joseph's mouth and completely surprised Calum.

"So, you guys will come to my dorm room to study?" Joe clears out for Ashley and Riley. They both nod at each other then smile. Riley was already smiling because it's something she can't stop doing around Joe. A few moments of just talking passed before Calum approaches the table. Joe looks up with an innocent smile but Riley and Ashley roll their eyes.

"The teacher said you, Riley, need to help me study." Calum says with a devilish grin. Of course, Riley looks at him like he's lying.

"You can join us on our study date." Joe offers but Calum just furrows his eyebrows at Joe.

"I'm not allowed to interfere with Ashley anyway, so if I wanted to, I couldn't." Calum says rudely then turns to Riley. "So, when can you help me do my assessment?"

"I don't want to help you!" Riley says louder and fiercer. You can see by her tone that she's sick of Calum, well she always is. Calum shrugs and walks away, making Riley feel guilty.

"It doesn't matter if you don't come, we can do it tomorrow." Joe suggests. Even though Riley hates him so dearly she can't help but feel guilty.

"That'd be better for me because I need to finish reading Frankenstein." Ashley admits not wanting to make Riley help Calum but also not wanting to fail.

"I think you should go help him." Joe says as he looks to Calum who's sitting alone away from everyone. This makes Riley question if she wants to help him or not. She doesn't want to look like a bad guy to Joe. Riley bites her lip regretting the decision she's made.

T H E E N D O F T H E D A Y

"No eating on the couch, no shoes anywhere other than the ground, no sitting on my b-" Riley begins to tell Calum the rules of her dorm room but stops as Calum breaks one of the rules and jumps on her bed. "Calum!" Riley screams at him. Calum stands with his hands in surrender.

"That's all I need to do, that's all." Calum says as he walks to Riley who stands rolling her eyes.

"I printed out a sheet showing each section of the assignment and what you need to do. That's so you can do it without me." Riley explains to Calum and hands him the sheet. The expression on Calum's face changes from smug to confused.

"Wait, so you're not helping me?" Calum asks.

"I am until you step out of line." Riley says as she motions for Calum to place his notes on the ground. Instead, they're thrown on the ground causing a few to crumple. "Don't do that to your notes!" Riley picks up the notebook and straightens out the notes.

"It's not like they're the final copy." Calum shrugs.

"They're what get you the final copy." Riley says as they both sit on the floor to finish this assignment. After 15 minutes of frustration for Riley Calum finally gets what to do.

"I get it now." He mumbles.

"Wait, what did you just say?" Riley asks Calum. Even though she heard what he said she wants him to repeat it.

"I get it now." Calum smiles at Riley, making Riley smile back. That's the one second that Riley adored Calum's smile. She just felt happy seeing his smile, and it wasn't a menacing smile, it was the beautiful kind of smile.

The moment was ruined as Luke opened the door to a surprising sight.

"Oh, um." Luke stutters as he looks at Riley and Calum. "This is, a-a, this is different." Luke smiles awkwardly as he walks into the room.

"So, you can do it on your own now?" Riley asks Calum.

"I never needed you." Calum stands up and grabs all his notes and leaves. Riley sits there confused as Luke stands in front of her.

"What was that about?" Luke asks.

"The teacher made me help him with his assignment." Riley says before cleaning the mess they made.

HEYYYY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN AGES

SPECIAL MENTION TO sophia_francesca  SHES COOL

Also don't be afraid to message me :) I've made good friends by people messaging me (rawrhalsey  l love you)

What's your favourite movie??

MINES THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!!!