chapter on3

April's POV

"Michael, what are you on about?" Mrs. Clifford asked. I sat on the couch, observing the whole thing.

"Ghosts! 15 of them! April's trying to
bring one back from the dead!" Michael said.

"Is this true?" She asked me.

"I-I- uh..."

"See? You're seeing things, Michael! You're creeping out your roommate! This is for your own good!"

"I'm not crazy! There's 15 ghosts in that house! I've seen them! I can even name them! Robert, Sally, Dale, Veronica, Bob, Billy, Susan, Betty, Kelly, Sabrina, the unnamed maid, Madison, Beatrice, Bryce, and Luke!"

"Luke..." I mumbled.

"Michael, you're depressed, and now you're seeing things!"

"Mom-"

"It's for your own good." Mrs. Clifford said.

"He isn't crazy! They really are there!" I chimed in.

"What?"

"Yeah! Mrs. Clifford, with all due respect, they're all there. Michael isn't crazy. I lived in the murder house! 15 ghosts were there." I said.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes! One of them is someone that I fell in love with! Luke! I haven't seen him in 5 months! I want to go back there, but someone new lives there, and he's probably moved on to another young girl." I said.

"Wow. So you're both batshit crazy!" his mom said.

"No!" me and Michael said in unison.

"You can deal with yourself. I'm dealing with my son. And my son is going to the Woolworth Asylum For The Mentally And Criminally Insane." Mrs. Clifford said.

"Mom! I'm not crazy!"

"Too late. You're already booked. They're here to take you." she said. I jumped up and hugged Michael.

"Bye, my little high school royal dropout." I said.

"Bye, my baby badass." Michael said. I hugged him even tighter.

"I love you," I said.

"Love you, too." he replied. He let go of me when someone tapped him on the shoulder. Cops.

They handcuffed him and took him outside. I walked outside and followed them down all 3 flights of stairs.

"April!" Michael called out.

"What?"

"Find the coven! Get Luke back! I can get out if I have proof they're there!"

"I will!" I said.

"Thank you!"

"You're welcome! Love you!"

"Love you, too!" Michael yelled back. He was shoved into the cop car. They drove off.

My best friend was shipped off to an asylum. And it's up to me to get him out.

Michael's POV

"So, what's up, coppers?" I asked.

"Shut up."

"That's not very nice, you know."

"Why should I care?" a cop asked.

"Hey, that's the ghost house! If we stop, I can prove that I'm not crazy!"

"Shut up."

"Hmph." I huffed. This would not be fun.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey guys, it's Casey! Sadly, April will not appear again until the Coven book, which I will start publishing when I am finished with this one. In case you're confused, basically, Michael told his mother that April lived in the same house as 15 ghosts. His mother doesn't believe him and thinks he's schizophrenic (where you see things) and depressed. Which is why in Murder House, his mom says he needs 'help'. It was a setup for the beginning of this book, where Michael gets sent to the Woolworth Asylum For The Mentally And Criminally Insane. He meets Cathy there, who is the girl Michael meets in the asylum, but you'll hear about that next chapter. Bye!