chapter f1v3

"Cathy... get up."

"Whaaaaaaat?" I asked.

"Get up. We have to talk at dinner." Michael said, twirling my hair between his fingers with one hand, his other hand holding mine. I hugged him and closed my eyes.

"Nope, you're not sleeping again!"

"But you're so cuddlyyyyy," I said, half asleep already.

"Cathy, come on. The guard is gonna see us." Michael whispered.

"Oh, well. Who gives a shit?" I asked.

"Shhh. I do! I wanna talk about getting the hell out of here." Michael whispered in my ear. I squeezed him tighter and sighed.

"I don't wanna eat. I wanna cuddle."

"I don't care. You wanna be stuck here another 4 years?"

"Oh, shit. You're right." I said.

"You gonna come?" Michael asked, getting out of bed. I groaned and held out my hand. Michael helped me up. He made sure there were no guards before we slipped out if the cell that was opened. I held his hand.

"Babe?"

"Don't call me that. I'm not your bitch. You're my bitch." I said, giggling.

"I don't care what I am. Brianna scares me, what do I do?"

"Shit. She scares everyone. Probably just ignore her. Hold my hand, flirt with me, make her think you have no interest in her." I said.

"Okay. Got it." Michael squeezed my hand. I squeezed it back. We sat down, Michael across from Brianna, next to me.

"Babe?" Michael said.

"Yes, Mikey?" Brianna asked. I scoffed.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"What are you gonna do when we get out of here?"

"Hmm... I don't know. Help you with your coven thing, I guess."

"Okay!" Michael said, smiling. His smile was so adorable.

Wait. No. STOP IT, CATHERINE!

"You have a really cute smile," Brianna said to him.

"Yeah, you do." I said.

"Why, thank you." he smiled at me. I rested my head on my left hand, Michael grabbing my right hand. Brianna looked offended. It took everything in me to not laugh.

We ate the slop they called pasta and started talking.

"So, I have the matches. There's one wooden chair in the whole place. On the other side of the cafeteria. If I can make it over there, I'll light the chair on fire."

"Mikey, Mrs. Woolworth sits there... you know... the owner?"

"I've noticed she leaves from 12:35 to 12:40 to get lunch. That means we would have 5 minutes to get from here to there without the match blowing out." Michael said, still holding my hand.

"Okay. And if you succeed?"

"We run to the guards quarters. They have an emergency exit. Leads straight to the front of the asylum. From there, we run. Never look back."

"Oh. Seems simple." Brianna said. I nodded.

"How do you know all this?" Eric asked.

"I learned I was being sent here when I overheard my mother say she was sending me to an asylum for depression. This is the only asylum in this area. I do my research." he said. I laughed.

"We got a plan." I said. Michael smiled at me.

"That we do." he said.

"BACK TO YOUR CELLS!" Satan screamed. I held Michael's hand down the hall. A stick poked our hands.

"NO PDA!" Satan said, poking us.

"Watch me!" I said, kissing Michael.

Fuck.

My.

Life.

"I SAID NO PDA!" Satan yelled at us. Everyone stopped to watch me and him kiss, which was already awkward enough. I withdrew from the kiss. Michael stood there, staring at me. I smiled at him before turning away and walking to my cell.

But not before flipping off Satan.

My cell door closed. Michael walked by in handcuffs. I grabbed the bars and tried to reach through and stop him.

"Michael!" I said. He turned around and looked at me.

"They were listening in on us, Cathy. Babe, they know we were planning to escape. They found the matches. I'm so sorry." Michael said, placing a quick kiss on my lips before Satan took him away.

"MICHAEL!" I screamed.

It was too late. He was gone. I sighed before sitting on my rock hard mattress.

I tried to process this all.

"What happened?" Brianna asked.

"They're taking Michael to solitude. They know we're trying to get out. But they don't know how. Dumbasses didn't even think. I grabbed matches, just in case. I can get us out of here. But we'd have to get to Michael. Once you're in solitude, you don't get out." I said. Brianna nodded.

"Do you like Michael?" Brianna asked.

"What?"

"Do you like him? As more than a friend?"

"Goodnight, Bri."

"Because I really like him. If you were a good friend you would tell him to give up his pursuit for you and try to go for me."

"Bitch, you thought. Of course I like Michael. He's hot. Now, good fucking night." I said, laying down.

"Night, Cath."

"Night, Bri."

The next day would be the best and worst day of my life.

I just didn't know it yet.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - One of you guise should make a trailer for this bc i cant when i do it it sucks ass. u dont have to but if you could, and would want to, then go ahead. PM me the link and I'll add it to the book. :-)