chapter tw0

Cathy's POV

"Cathy. Did you see the new guy? Looks like a badass." my cellmate, Brianna, said.

"Nah, son. I was sleeping." I said.

"Hey! That's April's thing!" a voice said.

"Who are you and who the fuck is April?"

"I'm Michael." he responded.

"That's the new guy!" Brianna said.

"Oh, cool. And why should I care?" I asked.

"Because he's hot!" Brianna said.

"I can hear you!" Michael called out.

"Good for you!" I yelled. A guard came by.

"You'll shut the fuck up if you know what's good for you." he threatened.

"Is that a threat I hear? Oh, I'm so fucking scared!" I scoffed. The guard huffed and walked away.

"And, that, my friend, is how you deal with the guards." I said to Brianna, leaning on the wall.

"Well, it may be easy for you, but not so easy to me. I can't be mean to people."

"Isn't that why you got thrown in here? Because you beat the shit out of a dude?" I said, tucking my blonde hair behind my ear.

"No. It was because I was thought to be a murderer. They pinned a murder on me, and when my lawyer found out they had evidence, she said my best bet was to plead guilty on account of insanity. And that's exactly what I did." she said. I nodded.

"So, how did an innocent little bitch like you end up here?" Brianna asked me. I was silent. "Huh, Cathy? Or should I say Catherine?"

"Shut the fuck up! And it's Cathy. Not Catherine. And you know why I'm in here!"

"Tell me!"

"I already told you!"

"Tell me again!"

"I GOT HIGH AND KILLED MY BROTHER! I WOKE UP WITH A GUN IN MY HAND AND A DEAD BODY ON MY FLOOR! I PLEAD GUILTY BECAUSE OF INSANITY! I'M HERE BECAUSE I'M A FUCKING KILLER! THERE! YOU HAPPY YET?" I yelled. The area got silent.

The same guard walked up to the cell. I leaned on the bars that held us in.

"We all know your life story. Now shut the fuck up!" he said.

"My first amendment right is freedom of speech. Can't take away my rights! You can get arrested for that."

"Well then let's get you some duct tape. You lost your rights the second you stepped into this place. You did the drugs. You killed your brother. What, did you think no consequences would come from your actions? Well you were wrong." he said, before walking away. I groaned and sat on my cold bed. The mattress was stiff, the pillow was soggy from all my tears, and my blanket was thin as paper.

In other words, my life sucks.

The cell bars slid open.

"DINNER! MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE CAFETERIA IN A CALM AND ORDERLY FASHION!" the guard yelled.

"Yes! Food!" Brianna yelled.

"The food here tastes like shit."

"Be grateful it isn't high school cafeteria food." Brianna said to me. I shrugged.

"Meh. Pretty damn close." I said.

"True," a voice said. I turned around to see a guy with blonde dyed hair. He had tattoos and an eyebrow piercing. He looked like he belonged in prison. That crazy look in his eye. He looked like-