Smile (Kageyama)

I think the first time I fell in love with him was when I first saw him fly. He was so beautiful and he really looked like a bird in flight. His arms spread like wings and he had this ridiculously stupid smile on his face. His eyes were closed like always when we did quick shots.

When he landed it was filled with grace and elegance of which I've never seen before. My heart pounded inside my chest and I felt my mouth curve into a smile. Not a forced one like I usually do when someone tells me to smile, but a real one, one that actually came from my heart.

And when Hinata looked at me instead of checking to make sure the ball actually went over the net, my heart pounded even more. And his stupid smile grew even bigger.

"Kageyama you're smiling for real," he said to me.

I looked away from him with slight blush on my checks. I turned to the score before looking back at Hinata. We did in fact did get that ball over, Hinata did score and we in fact did win that game.

I looked into Hinata's eyes and he looked back into mine. Our moment was cut short when our team came and surrounded Hinata. Telling him, "Good Job!", "Amazing!", "Unbelievable!", "Your godly quick did it again!"

My smile faded because I wanted to be the first person to tell him, "Amazing, thank you for hitting my toss." Rare of me to actually compliment someone, let alone Hinata. In fact I don't think I've ever even told him good job or anything. I've always yelled at him for something he did wrong.

My smile turns into a frown and slightly angered face. I look at Hinata and the rest of the team cheering and I feel... left out.

I turn and leave the gym. I grab my sports bag and angrily throw it over my shoulder.  I found the nearest vending machine and dumped my bag out looking for some money. I found some loose yen after dumping half my bag and I shoved them into the machine. I slam my palm on the the buttons, hitting five of them.

Out comes orange juice and I stab the straw through the little hole at the top.

"Kageyama!"

The voice surprises me and I squeeze my newly bought juice all over myself. I angrily turn to whoever just called out to me.

"What are you doing here? You- ow! Ow! OW! That hurts Bakayama!"

"Bakayama?!?! I'm not the baka here! You are! You made me spill juice all over myself!"

I release his hair that matched my juice and pushed him away.

"Oh sorry I startled you Kageyama." Hinata looks to the floor with a face that looks like it could burst into tears at any second. My eyes widen to how sorry he is.

He's so cute.

I shake my head and sigh, "What did you want anyway?"

"I wanted you to celebrate with the team! You are the one who threw the toss to me but I'm getting all the credit for the point! I mean after all, all I did was jump, close my eyes, and swung. I just..." His voice gets quieter, "...wanted to thank you."

My eyes widen in surprise and I couldn't stop my mouth from forming a gigantic smile. This was the first time someone thanked me for, well, anything.

Hinata gave me a disbelieving look, probably because this is the first time he has seen my face like this.

Then he smiles his usual retarded smile and then blurts out pointing at me.

"You should smile like that more often!"