Our Game's Promise (Hinata)

I think the first time we decided to keep score of our ridiculous game of who wins this and who wins that is actually when we first started practicing together.

It was just me and him in the little park or whatever where we practiced before we were allowed inside the gym with everyone else.

He served the ball straight into my face and yelled at me to stop spacing out. He threw in a dumbass as I went to retrieve the ball that just smacked me.

"You did that on purpose!"

"Did not."

I grunt and start acting like a child who wanted to prove that they were just right. I learned this from Natsu who loved to argue with me about so many things.

I crossed my arms and sit crisscross applesauce on the somewhat damp grass and turned away from him. I heard him give an angry sigh to my back and then footsteps.

I sat there waiting for him to approach and when he stuck his head in front of mine, I just closed my eyes and turned my head away from him.

"Get up and get ready to receive before I bounce this volleyball off your forehead."

I tried to move my head trying to get further away from him but ultimately failed because he grabbed my head and faced it towards him.

I opened my eyes to find his face a few inches from mine and he looked really pissed at me. I couldn't really blame him though, I was acting like a two year old. But his pissed off expression still made my face feel like it was on fire, he was just that close.

"Hinata let's play a game."

"What type of game?" I was nervous because I was afraid that the game would involve me getting hurt in some way.

"You wanna beat me, yes?"

"Of course I want to beat the king of- oof!"

Kageyama threw me into the ground without even let's me finish my sentence. My head smacked into the ground really hard and I felt my back starting to get wet from the grass I was now laying on.

"What did you do that for?!?!" I yell at him as I try to prompt myself on to my elbow to stare up at him. I rub the back of my head giving him the best glare that I could mange at the moment.

His was better.

"Anyway," He stands up from where he was crouching and stands up, towering over me, "How about we keep track of how many times you win against me and if by the time we graduate, the person with the most losses has to..." He pauses putting his hand to his chin. "Hmmm."

"Do whatever the winner tells them for a whole week." I finish it off before he says something completely ridiculous.

"That sounds like fun." He smiles down at me but it wasn't a genuine smile, I think. It was one of those creepy smiles that sent shivers down your spine like what it was doing to me now!

I think Kageyama could actually have a cute smile if he didn't try to force it. Whenever he smiles it always looks forced. Its like he doesn't know how to really smile because maybe he's never been truly happy?

I wanna see you smile for real. That will be my first command to you when- Twap!

"I told you I would bounce this volleyball off your forehead, didn't I? Now get up." I look up to him and he holds out a hand to me.

I take it as a surprise that he was actually going to help me. His hand was rough but smooth at the sane time. They were incredibly soft and cold too.

I let go of his hand and pick up the volleyball that rolled away from us. I threw it at him with the greatest force I could manage at the moment and it smacked straight into his face.  I didn't even wait for him to react and I ran up the nearest tree and stayed there while he threw rocks and sticks at me.

He tried to climb it but couldn't get a good holding and ended up just falling down. He also tried to jump and reach me but I was a good six inches away from his reach. He shouted curses at me and I decided to enjoy being safe while I could and I just sat down on the tree watching Kageyama being a total dufus trying to get me. I stick out my tongue and pulled on the skin beneath my right eye, an action I would no doubt regret later.

Sugawara and Tanaka came to my rescue much later and made Kageyama promise not to kill me the instant I came down. It took a long time but they eventually convinced him with a bribe of course. I was to buy him as many milk cartoons as he wanted until the end of graduation.

I desperately wanted to get down because I really need to use the bathroom so I agreed and made a mental note to always keep at least ¥500 in my pocket at all times. Kageyama tried his hardest not to get near me which I assumed was because he was trying his hardest not to kill me. I decided to lighten up the mood by yelling, "I BET I CAN BEAT YOU TO THE GYM KAGEYAMA!"

I immediately took off running and I could feel Kageyama racing right behind me. I won the race and he smacked me on the head telling me, "how dare you take the first win" and "you had a head start."

I shook my head panting. "No now we are tied. Remember you won the volleyball game in junior high? You had the first win."

He looks away from me and just nods his head. "Its not going to be tied for long considering how much you suck at pretty much everything."

"We'll see about that." I was greatly determined to get the most wins in our new game.