Jaws

We came back to the pack house. To the empty pack house.

Where on God's green earth is everyone?

As I walked into the hallway of the ghostly home and looked around, I could hear the large wolf form of Raph squeeze through the frame of the door. I gave him a questioning look, wondering why he hadn't changed into his human form.

I can protect you easily in my wolf form - faster, stronger more powerful and all that.

Solid. I think to myself as I just envision him being as loud as an elephant, squeezing through everything in this house.

"How are we meant to be quiet and scope out the place, if you keep squeaking about everywhere like an overgrown mouse." I say rather annoyed.

He snaps an aggravated look in my direction,

I am worried for my pack, I do not need your whining in my head at this moment. I need to track someone -anyone - down. Pinpoint a location.

Whining? I'm sorry, do you want to repeat that one more time, just so I can be sure that you said what I think that you just said?

Amore, you heard me loud and clear, and I thought that I gave you an order? Stop interfering.

You have got to be actually kidding me.

It's not just you who is worried for the people of OUR pack, I am too. My sister and her mate happen to be a part of this pack as well. Don't you think that I'm just as freaked out about this weird disappearance of a whole pack house? As for you and your stupid technique of tracking anyone down, there is evidently nobody in this house, so I would suggest you get your fatso self out of the house and sniff about outside somewhere. I'll stay in here and look around, try and figure out what happened.

He looked at me, his breathing became deeper and I could tell that he was irritated that I was right about what we should do. I could also tell that he was on edge about something else.

What is it? I ask him.

I do not want to leave you alone in the house, especially after you saw that ghost man in the forest.

Of all the things...

Trulia, this is not the time for your antics. I don't think that while your whole pack has vanished in thin air, you should be taking the time to become protective over me being in an empty house.

I look around the house,

"There is not one living soul in this house, there's literally nothing here that can do me harm," I look around a bit more, "Except maybe furniture, or those horrible shoes that are definitely a crime against fashion."

Babe, maybe pull the jokes when our pack isn't missing, possibly in danger, or dying...just throwing it out there.

"I'm just trying to mellow down the mood Trulia, can you just not be a jackass for once,"

Amore, there's two of us...there's no 'mood'. 'Mood' implies a specific feeling shared among several peoples, i.e a group, not a girl and a wolf.

I swear to Jesus Christ, one of these days he's going to disappear out of the blue too, and everyone's going to know it's me. Assuming we figured out what in God's name actually happened to this 'everyone' I am referring to.

"Quit it Trulia, you're Alpha of a pack that is currently at a population of zero, so you better stop correcting me on my English - which funnily enough is my mother tongue - and start figuring out what kind of weird voodoo sh*t is going on here. Okay? Okay."