I want a Man not a Boy (At the doe)

Later that night I decided to watch tv and chill out I was sitting home alone On the couch with my laptop on my lap. my house was a two story building. With a Victorian house theme.

I worked at a building that had to deal with kids and their education . I was apart of the school board and running for president. I took a break from what I was doing and put down my laptop,along with the stacks of paper work that I had to do later on. when Landon decided to text me again. I checked it ,blushed and ignored it. I have replied to his text messages but it was nothing important. He was just checking up on me,asking me how I was doing just like how he did before but I made sure to not let it get to my head. Just as I was about to get comfortable my Doorbell rung.

I opened it up to see my friend Monique and Amber.

Monique was wearing a black blazer with white ruffled shirt on the inside and high-waisted blue denim skinny jeans with all black Louboutins.

While Amber was wearing a peach colored suite blazer with black cropped botton ups, black shorts and white platforms. And a white Michael kors handbag.

Monique was a magazine publisher while Amber was a strip club owner.

"We was waiting on you at the doe!" They said in unison. I loved them and they're foolishness. At least I loved Moniques foolishness; Considering the fact that she makes Amber do the wierdest shit. I was so DONE.

I invited them in to sit down on my all turquoise couch with yellow baby blue and decorative pillows with a white knited shawl thrown over the head of the couch.

We all started to make small talk until my phone rang. Guess who it was folks?Landon.

I declined it and I knew Monique peeped that shit up real quick and in a few seconds it would've been all eyes on me.

"So..what's going on with Landon and you?" She asked with a grin on her face.

"Nothing. I mean we met at the club last night..." I said trying to trail off, since i had a couple of bite sized fruits layed out i decided to pop one green grape into my mouth.

"Hold on bitch the fuck you just said?" She asked with a serious face.

When Landon and I broke up my life was horrible. I know it sounds like a cliche But it was like less than 24 hours after out break up everything feel apart. I got a demotion and got into debt with my bank. I was going threw a lot of other things. Including my mom and dads divorce..lord just a lot of unneeded drama at that point of my life.

"Yeah we met and we kissed..." I said trailing off again trying to get up to dodge the millions of questlions that was about to be asked and because my grapes were almost finished anyways.

"Y'ALL DID WHAT?!?!?!" Yelled Amber which was a suprise cause she never did shit...loud mouth wise.

I sat back down knowing this would be hell. 'Fuck you Landon' I couldn't help to say in my mind.

"I wasn't shit okay...Just some mixed emotions...and besides I bit down on his tounge." I said with a mixture of reassurance and rambling.

"When did it happen?" Asked Monique. I could tell that she was happy about the situation.

Unlike everyone of my friends Monique wasnt too against him. Sure she hated how he betrayed me but she felt like we had a conection. Which was true. Since that night, I felt it.

"A couple of minutes before the thing that happened...the shooting." I said with wondering eyes.

"Oh yeah about that shooting..."she looked suprised as she checked her watch for the time and then changed the channel i had originally been watching,to channel 4 the news.

"LAST night at club Larinex there was a shooting. The police have few witnesses but no suspects yet. Resident Joseph F. Patterson was found dead in the men's wash room with his body chopped up into pieces. Suspects came out willingly to speak out about the matter to help the police for further information regarding this important situation."
I watched as the woman on tv said. I was confused as to what was so jumpy. I mean rest in peace to Joseph but I was lost. Until I heard "Monique Cartis."

"I was at the club with a couple of my friends and the club was turnt...then this man with people following him behind his back...They were wearing ski masks... "They then cut it short. They then moved the channel to a comercial break.

"THEY cut me short!" Monique said with wide eyes.Amber and I couldn't help but to laugh since basically Monique's make up was all sweaty. Her lipstick was smeared her bun was undone. She looked like a red Glozelle.

"What are y'all laughing at?" She said with a stank look which provoked Amber and I to laugh even more.

My phone rang once more but this time it was the guy I met yesterday. He didnt type his name on my phone but i remembered his number since he was the only 492 number on my phone. I declined with a message. And blushed. But switched back to my neutral look so that my Snoopy ass friends wouldn't notice. Which they did.

"Was that Landon's wack to wack ass?" Amber asked with an attitude.

"Bitch just said wack to wack im done." I said standing up as I walked towards the kitchen that was also connected to the living room and dining area.

"Girl you gotta let him go." Said Amber with a serious tone. As much as I wanted to ignore...I just couldn't.

They might've been right but I'm not one to let others make my own decitions for me. At least relationship wise since we all were single with fucked up love life's.

I just stood by my kitchen island rethinking what my friends said. Landon and my relationship was deep and we loved each other. I still loved him but what he did to me. Lord knows that nearly killed me. I looked around and saw them looking at me for an answer.

"I see where yall are coming from and I strongly agree with y'all. But it wasn't him that called me. It was another guy. And to be honest I wanna see where it goes before I say shit." I said with a reasurring smile. I guess it sunk into their heads and I was off the hook.

"Well we got to go. We have work to do and shit." Amber signaled Monique out. And they showed themselves the door after we exchange goodbyes.

I jogged up and opend my bedroon door with a restroom attached and got out my meds from my medicine cabinet. I took a deep breath and called HIM back.

"Hello, I'd thought you'd never had called...what's good?" He said

Cant wait to see who shes gonna call.