6) Hit and Run: Part 2

Mark switched off the radio, his mind a fog. His dark eyes were blackened to a coal hue. The wind blew through the window, the only sound on the road, outside of the only other car on the same side as he. "Stop riding my rear end, or you'll be paying my repair fees." Mark growled under his breath.

He looked at the speedometer, which read 102.

"Ah, lovely. I'm 20 over the speed limit." he mumbled to himself.

Mark looked at the car behind him. It was a black Chevy truck, large and noisy. Its tailpipe spat smoke like it was about to burst.

Right as he looked back, the other driver flipped on their head lights.

Mark glanced at the clock. 4:15 pm.

"It's still daylight outside, you idiot! Turn your brights off!"

The sun had begun to set. The cold November air ran over his face as he grabbed for his sunglasses.

He blocked out the headlights, which weren't that bright, but bothered him more than anything. Mark grabbed his phone as he put on his sunglasses, looking for another call from Sean. Nothing popped up in his notifications.

Right as he looked down, he felt a bump. He looked out the windshield, but didn't see any pothole or bumps in the road.

Behind him, the truck nudged into his bumper.

"Aye, what the hell are you doing? Get off my car!" Mark screamed. He pushed the gas petal completely to the floor. The truck accelerated, staying right behind them.

Around the curve layer a rail, which separated the cars from a roughly 25 foot drop.

The truck sped forward, this time ramming into Mark's car. He lost control for all of a few seconds, then gained control again. Mark's onyx eyes looked at the truck in the mirror, trying to see its driver. All this gave him was a flash in the eye from the headlights, and another smash from the truck itself.

The sound of metal on metal was enough to make Mark sick. Looking out of his window, he stared at the bottom of the drop. Nothing but concrete and cars would meet him, if this sadist driver managed to bounce him off of the road.

As Mark sped around the corner, he remembered three turns he could take ahead to lose the truck driver, and still get home.

He flew through each stop area, every light, seeing his house at the end of his final turn.

Mark looked back, to see that the truck had sped in front of him, then pulled away. A small piece of its paint flew back, hitting his windshield.

He sighed relieved.

Mark wrapped into his drive way. No other cars were there, adding even more confusion to the unwanted guest inside.

Right as he walked up the drive, about to unlock his door, he felt the ground rumble beneath his feet.

"Dear God, don't let it be what I'm thinking." he said aloud. With a shaking hand, Mark jammed his key into the front door. He walked in, right as the black truck pulled into the drive.

He locked the door.

"Hello, Mawk."

He stood, frozen. He could hear Sean's angry sighs right by him. The sound of a roaring engine fired outside.

"Don't tell me..."

Mark turned slowly, only to be met by a fist to the jaw.

He turned, then looked back.

"Aaron?"

Yami, his old friend and ex boyfriend, smiled.

"Hi Mark. It's been a long time, hasn't it?"