16) Fight or Flight: Part 1

Holy hell it's been a long time since I last added to this story. 

I've been incredibly busy, both with other works on here and just life in general. 

Rest assured, I have remembered that I have this book, and will be finishing it. 

~ Grey

Felix's hand shook wildly as he banged on the door in front of him. His pulse seemed to be higher than it had ever been. 

Driving to Mark and Sean's house had been all but a nightmare. What he would've given for this all to have been just that - a nightmare. 

As his car coasted down the road towards his destination, he heard a honk behind him. Looking in his rearview mirror, his Adam's apple stuck in his throat. 

A very focused, and very pissed off Ken was driving behind him, riding the bumper of his car. His blonde hair flew over his head, sweat pouring from every pore on his flushed skin. 

A small clinking sound pushed his car slightly forward. He shrieked, slamming his foot down on the gas petal. 

Taking as many turns as he could, Felix zigzagged all around the city. He passed a coffee shop, a library, houses upon houses as he turned left again, then right, trying to shake the man after his life. 

Eventually, Ken was lost behind vehicles piling behind Felix. He breathed a sigh of slight relief, still tense and vigilant of his surroundings.

The door opened, revealing a concerned Sean, with Mark standing directly behind him.

"Felix!" They both cried, reaching out for him. His blue eyes were filled with worry; Felix knew that this was the worst place to come to. Ken knew where they lived, so it was almost guaranteed that he would check here for him. 

But the immense dread he had held in his chest seemed slightly easier to burden when his eyes met his two friends standing before him. 

"Come in, sit down, I'll get you some water." Sean said, motioning Mark and Felix into the living room of their home. 

"Stay with him," Sean whispered, kissing Mark's lips quickly. 

"I'll be right back."

He left, Mark's dark eyes trailing after him.

"He is such a housewife sometimes." He whispered under his breath. Felix laughed lightly.

Mark turned his attention to the man sitting with him. Felix had his hands sitting in his lap. His grip was around his fingers, knuckles white and arms shaking. 

"So, do you want to tell me what all happened?"

He leaned back, closing his light eyes. Mark scanned his body, looking for any visible injuries.

"It's all just been so crazy, Mark. I-" he stopped. 

A knock sounded from the door, loudly banging the wood. Sean stopped in the entrance of the living room, a glass of water rested in his now shaking grasp.

He looked to Mark, panicked. 

"Sit down. Let me see who it is." Mark whispered calmly. His voice shook slightly; thankfully, nobody noticed.

Sean nodded his head, his crystal eyes wide with fear and worry. He handed the water to Felix, who offered thanks and drank it quickly.

Mark slowly made his way to the door. 

The three men held their breath. 

He glanced out of the small hole in the door, gazing around their porch. 

On the step, a man with dark hair stood, glancing directly at the peephole, as if staring directly at Mark. 

"Let me in, Markimoo," he cooed, raising his foot.

"Let's have a chat."

This is kind of terrible.

I'm currently writing in my Psychology class. 

I'll be sure to update again soon, y'all. Pinky promise.

~ Grey