9) Transparency: Part 1

((Just gonna pretend I don't have "Part 1/Part 2" in almost every chapter I write.))

~1 Month Later~

Mark nuzzled his chin into Sean's back. 

"Babe, I'm trying to work," Sean groaned, typing on his laptop. Their cuckoo clock chimed twelve times, telling them that they were already up later than they'd said they'd be.

"Why don't we get rid of that stupid thing?" Mark laughed, throwing a sock lightly at the clock. 

"Because it's nifty."

Sean shut down his laptop, closing the lid. 

"Mark, can I ask you a question?" Sean asked. He turned his back to Mark, laying back on his chest. Mark rested his head on Sean's fluffy light hair. 

"You can ask me anything, dearie."

Sean cringed his nose at the pet name. 

"You know Aaron is getting out of jail soon, right?"

Mark stiffened. His grip on Sean tightened around his chest.

"Yes, I'm aware."

"And how do you feel about it?"

Mark inhaled, holding the air in his lungs. He closed his eyes, then exhaled slowly. Sean bent his head back, kissing the bottom of Mark's chin. 

"I'm not happy about it. I think they outta keep him until he croaks."

Sean closed his eyes, taking a light kiss from Mark. He placed a hand on Mark's cheek, brushing his fingers over his dark stubble. 

"Do you think we're safe, Mark?"

Mark smiled at Sean lightly, pulling him tighter against his torso. Their fingers entwined together over Sean's stomach.

"I don't know."

((SORRY THIS IS REALLY SHORT. THE TITLE WILL MAKE SENSE IN THE NEXT PART, I PROMISE. ~MAX))